X1D II - Orders, Deliveries, ETA’s and Etc

Previous topic - Next topic

snappu

I sold my X1D last month in anticipation of receiving the X1D II this month... should have known better I guess  ::)

Will have to make do with my other cameras.

Ralf Mueller

Was at my dealer today to pick up the charging hub (very solid) and two 3400mAh batteries for the X1DII.

My dealer expects first shipments of X1DII cameras in September. No big deal for me as i got a X1D from his rental pool until my X1DII arrives.

My XCD 80mm will arrive next week.

Regards,
Ralf

Dimitric

Hello -

I bought a couple of weeks ago the charging hub on Hasselblad's website.
Not seeing anything happen, I decided to send an e-mail to Hasselblad (so NOT to my dealer).
I ask them the reason why I haven't yet received the charger and I also ask them when could I except to receive the "X1D mk II".
Well indeed, they told me not to expect anything before end of September!  :o

Reason given  —>    "... uncontrollable reasons related to customs inspection and logistic"...

- Dimitri

Shuttermuse

Quote from: Ralf Mueller on July 25, 2019, 03:38:20 AM
Was at my dealer today to pick up the charging hub (very solid) and two 3400mAh batteries for the X1DII.

My dealer expects first shipments of X1DII cameras in September. No big deal for me as i got a X1D from his rental pool until my X1DII arrives.

Regards,
Ralf

Yeah no big deal to you until you have paid for your camera and bought 4 or 5 lenses and then have two lens failures etc... just because you are not personally affected does not make it acceptable for other customers to get bad service... it's not just about you it's about all of us

hcubell

Quote from: Shuttermuse on July 25, 2019, 08:29:56 AM

Regards,
Ralf

Yeah no big deal to you until you have paid for your camera and bought 4 or 5 lenses and then have two lens failures etc... just because you are not personally affected does not make it acceptable for other customers to get bad service... it's not just about you it's about all of us

How did you have two lens failures before you even got your camera?

Ralf Mueller

I don't have lens failures, waiting for the X1DII body to arrive. I had enough lens failures with HC glass but that's another story.
Regards, Ralf.

Quote from: hcubell on July 25, 2019, 02:56:59 PM
Quote from: Shuttermuse on July 25, 2019, 08:29:56 AM

Regards,
Ralf

How did you have two lens failures before you even got your camera?

MGrayson

PSA: This site DOES have an ignore list. It's difficult to find, but effective.
Click Profile.
Then click the Modify Profile button that appears below.
Then click Edit Ignore List.

hcubell

I was just informed by B&H that the X1DII is now scheduled for delivery September 2. (Yes, 2019.)

Shuttermuse

According to the information I have, no dealer will have any units for shipping in August. Customers will get their units in September.

flash

Quote from: Shuttermuse on July 19, 2019, 03:27:56 AM
It's not a small bump in resolution... it's 61 megapixels, more than the GFX50 and X1D. It's also US$3500, it has phase/contrast hybrid AF system. It can shoot landscape/Architecture at 240megapixels, it has lots of good glass available. Every argument here is made to support OUR community feelings and behavior which is loyal to Hasselblad.... my point remains that they were targeting a new market with the reduced price, and now that market has more options...

The A7R4 can make latte's while I wait for the light and make me more attractive to pretty girls and it will still have horrid handling, dubious weather sealing and small mushy buttons. There isn't enough resolution in the world to make me consider one and I am getting great joy from dumping all my Sony gear at the moment.

The marketing is also suspect. The high res requires Sony software in post so you can't easily check the results in the field. The 15 stops of DR has more conditions than a home loan.

Sony will sell a boat load. Good for them. Personally I don't need hybrid AF. I don't shoot sports. I don't pretend I "need" it to shoot my kids or BiF or whatever. Great marketing. Little real world advantages and horrible usage.

More than happy with my S1R, X1D and Z7. The S1R also does 187MP files for landscape/architecture and does so in camera with the same support for Canon or Nikon TS lenses. However since I can print A1 from any of the above without a high res mode it's probably more useful to have the added DR and colour depth of the X1D.

Gordon

Geruvah

Quote from: Shuttermuse on July 30, 2019, 07:32:32 AM
According to the information I have, no dealer will have any units for shipping in August. Customers will get their units in September.

I guess that makes it closer to when we'd get the zoom lenses. Careful what you wish for.

BillW

My dealer said they were told by Hasselblad that shipping would be the beginning of September as there were some firmware setbacks and they wanted to deliver with no issues.....! Will see....!
Thanks
Bill

michael123

Quote from: BillW on August 01, 2019, 12:15:01 AM
My dealer said they were told by Hasselblad that shipping would be the beginning of September as there were some firmware setbacks and they wanted to deliver with no issues.....! Will see....!

September is not bad at all for Hasselblad (if they deliver the promise)!

flash

Although I do have a mk2 on order, I don't care how long it takes. I have two mk1's and I'm good to go. I'm much more invested in the zoom arriving in October as I have a couple of big trips in November and December and without the zoom I'll take my S1R instead. I'd rather take my X1D but I expect I'll be taking the S1R......

Gordon

Bob Andersson

My UK dealer has also now informed me that the camera has been delayed until September.

Delays happen and if suitably telegraphed are part of life's rich tapestry but that Hasselblad were still telling my dealer on July 18th that the camera would be available by the end of July is either disrespectful or incompetent.