X1D II - Orders, Deliveries, ETA’s and Etc

Previous topic - Next topic

Vieri

I am first in line with my dealer, and while they originally said something about mid-July I am not sure that will in fact happen :) I am hopeful for early September at least, because after that my fall Workshop season starts and I would definitely like to have the camera for that - especially since I already put one of my two X1D bodies up for sale, and would hate to hit the road without a backup.

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters and NYA-EVO bags | ABIPP
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/

matthewcng

Quote from: Shuttermuse on July 11, 2019, 04:23:23 PM
Quote from: matthewcng on July 11, 2019, 02:59:45 PM
I also have ordered the X1D II from BH on the day it was announced. I really hope I can get it in my hands by the end of July. Going to London and Paris, can't wait to put it to good use.

Awesome... and glass? What you doing about lenses?

As they initial hype of the zoom is fading, I might cancel my pre-order for the zoom and just get the 80mm, I already have the 45/65/90 and 135+tc

I ordered the 30mm on the day as well. Got the 30mm in hand, just sitting pretty in my camera bag. Can't wait for the X1D II, so I can actually use the 30mm. Haha.

I find myself in a familiar situation when I ordered the M9. Got the lens first and waited for a body.

Shuttermuse

Quote from: Vieri on July 11, 2019, 07:33:42 PM
I am first in line with my dealer, and while they originally said something about mid-July I am not sure that will in fact happen :) I am hopeful for early September at least, because after that my fall Workshop season starts and I would definitely like to have the camera for that - especially since I already put one of my two X1D bodies up for sale, and would hate to hit the road without a backup.

Best regards,

Vieri

I'm obviously just speculating at this point, but I think it might not be hardware holding back shipments. They obviously always had a good idea on how long it takes to manufacture a camera, etc. I think any delays now will be due to things like final firmware, focus 2, lens firmware upgrades for new body, and certifications life WIFI and Bluetooth and standards they need to comply with for each region they are shipping too. I'm hoping for a early to mid August as worst case scenario. They always advertised July as available date and I don't think people would give them too much heat if launched in early August. But pushing it out to September would be embarrassing in my opinion

alistairm

I just got off the phone to my Australian dealer (I was ordering the zoom) and apparently the X1D II shipment to APAC is already delayed, purportedly due to some regulatory issue.

Although I'm not pulling the trigger on the new body yet, I'm fervently hoping the zoom arrives before I head to Europe in December... I have been fantasizing about how good the X1D and zoom are going to be with a small tripod for my two week ski adventure in the Sella Ronda!

Now I just need to work out a tripod collar that will work with the zoom...

SrMi

Quote from: Shuttermuse on July 12, 2019, 10:49:30 AM

Best regards,

Vieri

I'm obviously just speculating at this point, but I think it might not be hardware holding back shipments. They obviously always had a good idea on how long it takes to manufacture a camera, etc. I think any delays now will be due to things like final firmware, focus 2, lens firmware upgrades for new body, and certifications life WIFI and Bluetooth and standards they need to comply with for each region they are shipping too. I'm hoping for a early to mid August as worst case scenario. They always advertised July as available date and I don't think people would give them too much heat if launched in early August. But pushing it out to September would be embarrassing in my opinion

Interestingly, the final version of X1DII does not have Bluetooth.

Vieri

Quote from: Shuttermuse on July 12, 2019, 10:49:30 AM

Best regards,

Vieri

It is true that they (should) have a pretty good idea about manufacturing times, but that's also true for the time required to get certifications - it's not their first dance, and they have people taking care of this that does this for a living. What they don't know in advance, no matter how much they try to foresee everything, is unexpected problems / delays. Obviously, these can involve either manufacturing or bureaucracy, but I am more inclined to think that (possible) delays for the X1D could be caused - in order - by software delays, then third-party hardware availability issues over which Hasselblad has no direct control, then Hasselblad own manufacturing and last bureaucracy.

I.e., they got the Bluetooth certification way before the camera was ready to ship, but then Bluetooth disappeared from the camera (at least for now). That tells me that either they took off what hardware allowed to have Bluetooth, or Bluetooth is for now disabled in Firmware (like video, which H states will come at a later date). Either way, this is an example of what could cause a (perhaps small) delay in delivery: they had Bluetooth, now they don't, so they needed to update the manual, FW, user interface, perhaps packaging if they already had it ready with the BT logo, literature (online and otherwise), perhaps ads, etc. Even if each of these taken singularly will probably just take a few minutes, all of them together can easily cause a week or more delay. And this is just Bluetooth, something we know for certain they got certification for (which it's my understanding you need showing a working prototype to get) and then took off the camera. Assuming that I am right in considering this a potential cause for delay, who knows if BT is the only one of such issues.

I.e. 2, maybe they are trying to get some more features squeezed in, in time for release: video we know for sure it's one, maybe they saw the outcry on forum and are trying to get Live View histogram in, you name it.

...and so on...

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters and NYA-EVO bags | ABIPP
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/

Mr-Anderson

When HB announced the X1DII, they all ready had it in stock!!
So now I think they tweek the firmware before shipping.

michael123

Quote from: Mr-Anderson on July 12, 2019, 08:22:45 PM
When HB announced the X1DII, they all ready had it in stock!!
I think that was first pre-production batch

Quote from: Mr-Anderson on July 12, 2019, 08:22:45 PM
So now I think they tweek the firmware before shipping.
That's for sure.

Shuttermuse

Quote from: alistairm on July 12, 2019, 01:00:08 PM
I just got off the phone to my Australian dealer (I was ordering the zoom) and apparently the X1D II shipment to APAC is already delayed, purportedly due to some regulatory issue.

Although I'm not pulling the trigger on the new body yet, I'm fervently hoping the zoom arrives before I head to Europe in December... I have been fantasizing about how good the X1D and zoom are going to be with a small tripod for my two week ski adventure in the Sella Ronda!

Actually, the 135mm is supplied with a collar. This collar, has its own separate packaging and box and part numbers etc, which may mean that it is also designed to work with other lenses like the zoom?

flash

Quote from: Shuttermuse on July 13, 2019, 07:25:16 AM
Quote from: alistairm on July 12, 2019, 01:00:08 PM

Actually, the 135mm is supplied with a collar. This collar, has its own separate packaging and box and part numbers etc, which may mean that it is also designed to work with other lenses like the zoom?

It's the same collar that works with the XC>HC adaptor, which was nice. It'd be awesome if it also worked with the zoom.

I have a few aftermarket collars and I'll definitely try them when the zoom arrives.

Gordon

michael123

I did that mistake and did not order X Release Cord when it was announced.
Now, for 6 weeks I am trying to get it everywhere. What is the problem with the 80$ cable?
Hasselblad don't know how many bodies they sold? It takes probably few pennies to manufacture.
Sometimes it is really hard to understand this company.
We moved to a new light system, before we used continuous light so we did not care then.
But now we need a cord!

vsbhk

I do not have the exact reference with me but it's easy to purchase a compatible Canon cable release and they are well made.

vsbhk

Quote from: vsbhk on July 14, 2019, 04:08:39 AM
I do not have the exact reference with me but it's easy to purchase a compatible Canon cable release and they are well made.

Found the reference: Canon RS-60E3 with a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter. 25US$ total.

michael123

Quote from: vsbhk on July 14, 2019, 04:13:22 AM
Quote from: vsbhk on July 14, 2019, 04:08:39 AM

Found the reference: Canon RS-60E3 with a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter. 25US$ total.

I have it! :)
But now I need an adapter, are there any 'flavors'? Just 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male? Mic/Srereo/headphones .. anything of that matters?

matthewcng

Just noticed that B&H updated its availability from mid July to Aug 1st.

:(