X1D II - Orders, Deliveries, ETA’s and Etc

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanford

News flash from Northern California.

On Tuesday I was told my X1D Mk II would arrive in two to three weeks. This morning (Thursday), I received a call from my dealer (Camera West in Walnut Creek, California) that my camera had arrived.

My question is: should I go on holiday as planned on Friday and pick up the camera next Tuesday, or should I just stop by my dealer Saturday morning?

Never the less, I'll be doing some serious testing next week. Will report back with my impressions.

flash

I have received confirmation from the Australian distributor that a small batch will be shipped 1st week of September from Sweden. So, I expect I'll see my camera around or just after mid month. Hopefully there's enough to fill some other orders.

Suits me fine as I'm away till the 9th anyway. :)

Gordon

jwillson

Quote from: Dimitric on August 29, 2019, 04:17:57 PM
Quote from: vidio on August 28, 2019, 02:52:33 PM
Yes. I did receive mine today via UPS. Had only about 10 minutes with it as I was very busy today and the it arrived rather late in the day.
First impression very positive. Very nice finish, delightful to hold. Both the rear screen and EVF both seem to be improved. Of course I knew about the rear screen but the EVF seems improved as well but not sure how. Another thing I did not know about is that the interface looks different. Different fonts and different layout. I think its mostly all the same functions but they are in different places. Any way I took some shots and everything seems good. Haven't analyzed the resulting files yet but I would assume they are identical to the original XD1. I do have the original and have worked with it for quite some time. The II feels a little bit different in the hand and in operation. A couple of initial hiccups include the fact that I couldn't set it to auto ISO fro some reason. It took me a minute or so to realize the camera ships in the M mode. Haha - my bad but you know I just wanted to turn it on and start shooting and wasn't paying attention. One other thing is that once touch seemed to stop working on the rear screen and I had to shut down and start up. However given my other impulsive mistake I cannot rule out some operator error.

Hello Vidio -

Would you mind to tell us if HB has resurrected the "Long Exposure countdown".
Something I really appreciate like Vieri...  ;D

Thank you.

- Dimitri

Mine came today and I checked.  Version 1.0 firmware still turns the screen off during long exposure countdown.  You can wave your hand near the EVF to get it to turn the LCD back on for a few seconds, but it doesn't stay on.

matthewcng

Just got an email notification from BH, the X1D II has been shipped out.

JoeC

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 30, 2019, 06:35:59 AM
Lastly, the only reason the shipped out the HB.com direct orders first is because they messed up and took customers money with the promise that the availability was two weeks away, then it ended up being months later.... so they solved their own customer issues first and screws over the other distributors who has no Option but to wait...

For the record, I ordered my X1D II 50C through a dealer, Peter Lorber of Custom Photo Images in Boca Raton, FL, not directly from Hasselblad's online store. I received the camera yesterday (Thursday, August 29).

Joe

Vieri

Quote from: jwillson on August 30, 2019, 03:58:28 PM
Yes. I did receive mine today via UPS. Had only about 10 minutes with it as I was very busy today and the it arrived rather late in the day.
First impression very positive. Very nice finish, delightful to hold. Both the rear screen and EVF both seem to be improved. Of course I knew about the rear screen but the EVF seems improved as well but not sure how. Another thing I did not know about is that the interface looks different. Different fonts and different layout. I think its mostly all the same functions but they are in different places. Any way I took some shots and everything seems good. Haven't analyzed the resulting files yet but I would assume they are identical to the original XD1. I do have the original and have worked with it for quite some time. The II feels a little bit different in the hand and in operation. A couple of initial hiccups include the fact that I couldn't set it to auto ISO fro some reason. It took me a minute or so to realize the camera ships in the M mode. Haha - my bad but you know I just wanted to turn it on and start shooting and wasn't paying attention. One other thing is that once touch seemed to stop working on the rear screen and I had to shut down and start up. However given my other impulsive mistake I cannot rule out some operator error.

Hello Vidio -

Thank you.

- Dimitri

Mine came today and I checked.  Version 1.0 firmware still turns the screen off during long exposure countdown.  You can wave your hand near the EVF to get it to turn the LCD back on for a few seconds, but it doesn't stay on.

Thank you for confirming us that! While waiting (and hoping) for a more permanent fix, it is good to hear that the fix I reported is still working in shipping version cameras :)

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters and NYA-EVO bags | ABIPP
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/

jwillson

No problem, Vieri, it's actually an effective workaround.  Glad you pointed it out.

Dimitric

Quote from: jwillson on August 30, 2019, 03:58:28 PM

Hello Vidio -

Thank you.

- Dimitri

Hello and thank you very much for your answer...     ;)

Dimitric

Quote from: SrMi on August 29, 2019, 04:55:16 PM

Hello Vidio -

Thank you.

- Dimitri

Vieri has found a workaround for "Long Exposure countdown" issue. See his review and search for "UPDATE AUG 20, 2019".

Hello and thank you for this...     ;)

Ikarus

Mine was shipped from B&H yesterday, and is now, apparently in the hands of DHL.  Not sure when it will get here (the shipping is the least of it - clearing customs can take as long).

matthewcng

Just received mine from B&H. I am based in Hong Kong.

Ikarus

Arrived today - headed to the beach with the XCD 80/1.9 (cropped)

Still working my way through menus and stuff ...

ojb

Hi there,

I live near Munich in Germany and I ordered my X1D II on the 10th of September via the Hasselblad Online Store. Today it arrived ...

Greetings from Munich
Oli

chryshen

wow!  talk about quick!  i debated upgrading to an x1d ii for several months and finally ordered from hasselblad last friday, 7 days ago.  they notified me this morning that it has shipped and i will receive it oct 2.

Bob Andersson

Mine arrived (in the UK) this afternoon. I'm in love.  :-[

Foul weather today so it was the perfect opportunity to get the battery fully charged and have a bit of a familiarity fondle.  ;D