X1D II - Orders, Deliveries, ETA’s and Etc

Previous topic - Next topic

tbullock

I received mine today, and unfortunately, like the Mark I, I have an issue. The LCD screen has a mind of its own, scrolling and selecting options, going into submenus, etc, randomly. I took the battery out, put it back in, and it worked again for a few minutes, but then while shooting it started moving the focus point around.

Any ideas? After Mark I scroll wheel issues, this is obviously frustrating.

Vieri

Quote from: tbullock on August 29, 2019, 08:54:32 AM
I received mine today, and unfortunately, like the Mark I, I have an issue. The LCD screen has a mind of its own, scrolling and selecting options, going into submenus, etc, randomly. I took the battery out, put it back in, and it worked again for a few minutes, but then while shooting it started moving the focus point around.

Any ideas? After Mark I scroll wheel issues, this is obviously frustrating.

I have a possible suggestion for the focus point jumping around when shooting. If you have your face against the camera might it be that you are touching the screen with your face or nose?

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters and NYA-EVO bags | ABIPP
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/

matthewcng

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 29, 2019, 05:07:25 AM
Thanks Matthew, have you placed an order before or are you only placing it now?

I placed a pre-order on the first day. I was told I was in the top 25, but they are expecting a HUGE shipment. Allocation shouldn't be a problem.

tbullock

Quote from: Vieri on August 29, 2019, 09:46:32 AM
I have a possible suggestion for the focus point jumping around when shooting. If you have your face against the camera might it be that you are touching the screen with your face or nose?

Thanks, but no, I simply hold the camera in front of me, and the menus or focus points jump on the rear screen. It's actually fun to watch. It rearranged my icons too.

Hasselblad was very responsive and I sent them a video

Dimitric

Quote from: vidio on August 28, 2019, 02:52:33 PM
Yes. I did receive mine today via UPS. Had only about 10 minutes with it as I was very busy today and the it arrived rather late in the day.
First impression very positive. Very nice finish, delightful to hold. Both the rear screen and EVF both seem to be improved. Of course I knew about the rear screen but the EVF seems improved as well but not sure how. Another thing I did not know about is that the interface looks different. Different fonts and different layout. I think its mostly all the same functions but they are in different places. Any way I took some shots and everything seems good. Haven't analyzed the resulting files yet but I would assume they are identical to the original XD1. I do have the original and have worked with it for quite some time. The II feels a little bit different in the hand and in operation. A couple of initial hiccups include the fact that I couldn't set it to auto ISO fro some reason. It took me a minute or so to realize the camera ships in the M mode. Haha - my bad but you know I just wanted to turn it on and start shooting and wasn't paying attention. One other thing is that once touch seemed to stop working on the rear screen and I had to shut down and start up. However given my other impulsive mistake I cannot rule out some operator error.

Hello Vidio -

Would you mind to tell us if HB has resurrected the "Long Exposure countdown".
Something I really appreciate like Vieri...  ;D

Thank you.

- Dimitri

SrMi

Quote from: Dimitric on August 29, 2019, 04:17:57 PM

Hello Vidio -

Would you mind to tell us if HB has resurrected the "Long Exposure countdown".
Something I really appreciate like Vieri...  ;D

Thank you.

- Dimitri

Vieri has found a workaround for "Long Exposure countdown" issue. See his review and search for "UPDATE AUG 20, 2019".

Shuttermuse

Quote from: tbullock on August 29, 2019, 10:30:19 AM

Thanks, but no, I simply hold the camera in front of me, and the menus or focus points jump on the rear screen. It's actually fun to watch. It rearranged my icons too.

That's super frustrating. I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Please keep us updated as to HB response and if you find a home-fix solution with them or if you need an actual replacement?

I hope HB don't give you stupid answers like don't let your face touch the screen.

Photofreund66

Yesterday I went to the Swiss distributor for Hasselblad to have a first attempt with the new X1D II and it's lenses. I was surprised when I holded it for the first time in my hands. It was very well balanced, especially with the 45mm lens. So comfortable and not very big and not heavy. I felt in love very quickly. It gave me the impression of being robust and sturdy, but not like a brick. Putting the 65mm on it, it was quite a step up for more weight (+ 300gr), but still manageable for my way of camera use. The check with the 90mm and the more heavy 80/1.9 showed a similar effect. 90mm very nice to hold, the 80mm was another beast,  nothing to hold the whole day (for me). The supplier showed me pictures of mountains he made with the X1D to demonstrate it's capabilities of the dynamic headroom and the lens quality of the 21mm. Really really stunning - the white foreground of the snowfield was very dark, almost black when coming out from the RAW, but with the help of the Phocus Software it was possible to resolve the white snowfield and retaining the early morning light and colors and keeping the blue sky as it should be. A very natural looking picture as it is with humans eyes, transported on a 75" 8K screen.
As I am a hobbyist with higher approach I had seen, that this kind of camera, operation and lens selection is just that, what one should have. Okay the price level is also to mention and not everyone can afford it that easy. I don't have any stress to buy it now but I really fell in love at the very first moment and I plan to buy it sooner or later with the 65mm as the first lens. And the good thing is, that they use the Nikon flash protocol. A very practical set to start with.
For the deliveries the salesman had no real dates to confirm, just saying to expect his first deliveries at the end of September 2019. As I have no hurry that's just to let you know for now. How it will be in the next 6 month is hard to say.
And a last tip for all users: he recommended to use it with the Phocus software, because it will give the best results. Better than with Lightroom or any other software. Better color handling with brighter gamut, perfect sharpening, ideal lens correction for vignetting and other optical misbehavior.  ;)

Regards, Daniel

michael123

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 29, 2019, 06:17:38 PM

I hope HB don't give you stupid answers like don't let your face touch the screen.

Unless HB have Pinocchio among their customers  8)

michael123

Quote from: Photofreund66 on August 29, 2019, 07:33:34 PM
Yesterday I went to the Swiss distributor for Hasselblad to have a first attempt with the new X1D II and it's lenses. I was surprised when I holded it for the first time in my hands. It was very well balanced, especially with the 45mm lens.

Just got an email (probably like everybody else here), about the bundle with the 45mm, giving you 900$US discount. Quite an attractive offer.

Shuttermuse

The Kit option is really good value for money.

But, how on earth do you only make it available now?

Certainly there are customers who already paid/orders their body + lens and now this surprise?

I don't care because I already have a 45, but I would have perhaps bought another lens with my X1Dii why not offer me a saving too?

Imagine you paid full price for your X1Dii and a 45mm and before you even get your backorder completed they drop the price of your investment by US$900

It's simply ridiculous

Vieri

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 29, 2019, 06:17:38 PM

That's super frustrating. I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Please keep us updated as to HB response and if you find a home-fix solution with them or if you need an actual replacement?

Your ignorance is only equal to your arrogance. Read the manual, and you'll see what I mean. Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/

Vieri

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 30, 2019, 04:10:38 AM
The Kit option is really good value for money.

But, how on earth do you only make it available now?

Certainly there are customers who already paid/orders their body + lens and now this surprise?

I don't care because I already have a 45, but I would have perhaps bought another lens with my X1Dii why not offer me a saving too?

Imagine you paid full price for your X1Dii and a 45mm and before you even get your backorder completed they drop the price of your investment by US$900

It's simply ridiculous

Again, read the offer before spreading your usual poison.

"If you have previously purchased an X1D II and XCD 45mm lens separately between 19 June 2019 and 30 September 2019, you are eligible for a cash back of the difference between the total amount for the X1D II and XCD 45 purchased separately and the amount of the combo offer. If you ordered only the X1D II, but now wish to also purchase the XCD 45 lens before 30 September 2019, you are eligible for a discount on the XCD 45"

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini

Shuttermuse

You mad bro?

Uhm.... so I admit that I did not see the disclaimer about cash back if you already purchased.

However, does that apply to other distributors or only if you bought from the HB.com store direct?

Nevertheless, it's 2019, and kits are sold by almost every supplier, ever. So they would you only think about it now? This should have been something that they did at launch or sales availability. Who wants to now live with the hassle of trying to claim back money from them? They probably hope that most people would just not even try because the process of them paying back your US$900 won't be as simple...

In addition to that, I know a various HB distributors that are NOT happy with this product launch, because it's the same kind of mess they had with the original launch.

Lastly, the only reason the shipped out the HB.com direct orders first is because they messed up and took customers money with the promise that the availability was two weeks away, then it ended up being months later.... so they solved their own customer issues first and screws over the other distributors who has no Option but to wait...

Vieri

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 30, 2019, 06:35:59 AM
You mad bro?

Uhm.... so I admit that I did not see the disclaimer about cash back if you already purchased.

However, does that apply to other distributors or only if you bought from the HB.com store direct?

Nevertheless, it's 2019, and kits are sold by almost every supplier, ever. So they would you only think about it now? This should have been something that they did at launch or sales availability. Who wants to now live with the hassle of trying to claim back money from them? They probably hope that most people would just not even try because the process of them paying back your US$900 won't be as simple...

In addition to that, I know a various HB distributors that are NOT happy with this product launch, because it's the same kind of mess they had with the original launch.

Lastly, the only reason the shipped out the HB.com direct orders first is because they messed up and took customers money with the promise that the availability was two weeks away, then it ended up being months later.... so they solved their own customer issues first and screws over the other distributors who has no Option but to wait...

No, I am not mad, and I am most definitely not your bro. What I am, is done with you though. Before that, let me try and help you one last time, since what you are, it seems, is still unable to read. Same page, a bit lower:

"FOR PURCHASES FROM OFFICIAL DEALERS
In order to claim your discount or cash back for products purchased at an official dealer, please contact them directly to find out more details. Find a dealer here"

Bye.

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini