new lens annoucement XCD 4/28 P

Previous topic - Next topic

pdprinter

I would not describe the XCD 30 more optical advanced than the 28P. The 28P has only a very small internal focusing lens unit making it faster and quiet. The 30mm is better corrected, the 28P makes design compromises to be very compact, light, quiet with fast focus and exposure time. I am not sure if the differences in resolution are noticeable except pixel peeping

Georg Kovalcik

,,... the 28P makes design compromises..." - that's exactly what I meant. The XCD 30 is certainly one of the best wide angles in this focal range ever made. I assume to build something at half the size, weight and price but the same quality optically is not feasible.

Iceman1331

I just received my new 28P lens today and tried it out to compare with the 45/3.5 and 21 mm lenses. The picture quality is quite consistent with the regular xcd lenses and the there is almost no shutter noise. I will carry the 28P lens instead of my 21 mm when I travel from now on. I wish that HB's next new P lens is a zoom lens similar to the regular 35-75 xcd which is expensive, bulky, and heavy when carrying it during travel.

Frankvth

a zoom (even a 'p' zoom) is going to be big with medium format... so that's something i definitely wouldn't buy... if you look at the zooms from the GFX100 it's just way too bulky.

flash

I'd buy a wide XCD zoom in a heartbeat. The 35-75 may be big but it's also stunning. A true bag of primes.

Gordon

hcubell

Quote from: flash on August 29, 2023, 07:53:20 PM
I'd buy a wide XCD zoom in a heartbeat. The 35-75 may be big but it's also stunning. A true bag of primes.

Gordon

So true. My XCD 35-75 zoom virtually stays glued to my X2D. It's heavy, no doubt, but still lighter than my 45, 65 and 90. And, I never have to deal with the issues of cleaning my sensor if I change lenses under less than ideal weather conditions, which I often photograph in.
I saw a rumor that Hasselblad was working on the release of 20-35mm zoom.

MGrayson

Quote from: hcubell on August 30, 2023, 06:03:33 AM
Quote from: flash on August 29, 2023, 07:53:20 PM

Gordon

So true. My XCD 35-75 zoom virtually stays glued to my X2D. It's heavy, no doubt, but still lighter than my 45, 65 and 90. And, I never have to deal with the issues of cleaning my sensor if I change lenses under less than ideal weather conditions, which I often photograph in.
I saw a rumor that Hasselblad was working on the release of 20-35mm zoom.

I'd be first in line for a 20-35.

Fedro

same here for a WA zoom, and a V version of the 120 Macro ..

outside_late

As we are expressing our interest in new lenses in this thread, and I agree with almost everything. What about new telephoto lenses extending past the current 135mm?  Maybe even compatible with the existing 1.7X converter?  I would love to see new 210mm, 300mm. 

Iceman1331

Here is a closed up shot with my newly received 28 P lens:

Ralf

Quote from: outside_late on August 31, 2023, 07:02:02 AM
As we are expressing our interest in new lenses in this thread, and I agree with almost everything. What about new telephoto lenses extending past the current 135mm?  Maybe even compatible with the existing 1.7X converter?  I would love to see new 210mm, 300mm. 

Since the 135mm (like the 21mm) is no longer listed in the Hasselblad Online Store, I would also be interested to know what kind of lens follows it.

JoeC

Quote from: Ralf on August 31, 2023, 10:16:23 PM
Since the 135mm (like the 21mm) is no longer listed in the Hasselblad Online Store, I would also be interested to know what kind of lens follows it.

I just purchased an XCD 135mm + 1.7x TC from the Hasselblad Online Store. It'll be here next Tuesday.

Joe

outside_late

Quote from: Ralf on August 31, 2023, 10:16:23 PM
Quote from: outside_late on August 31, 2023, 07:02:02 AM

What country are you in Ralf?  I see the 135 in both the US and EU Haselblad Online stores

Ralf

Quote from: outside_late on September 01, 2023, 11:19:36 AM
What country are you in Ralf?  I see the 135 in both the US and EU Haselblad Online stores

I'm in Germany, I can see all the lenses in the presentation on the website, but the 135mm and the 21mm are no longer listed in the store: https://store-eu.hasselblad.com/de/collections/x-v-system-  lenses .  Since I somehow believe (no, I have no proof of it) that Hasselblad will bring something new in the 135mm range sometime in the near future (V?, P?), I also want to wait and see and not buy the well-known 135 at the moment.  With the 21, 38 and 80 I'm actually quite well positioned.

Thyl

https://store-eu.hasselblad.com/products/xcd-2-8-135

Shipment within 1 day. It seems as if the Hasselblad website is in a messy state.