new lens annoucement XCD 4/28 P

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankvth

https://www.hasselblad.com/x-system/lenses/xcd-28p/

Just announced. 1899 Euro. ships within one day from hasselblad store.

Andy Miller Photo UK

marcwick

I think I am falling in love! For my photography it is too wide, but really looks so good!

Frankvth

happy to see a decline in price... i was a bit worried that all of them would be at least 4199 euro.. so it's good to see that still there will be a few 'less expensive' options.. this feels like a steal all of the sudden..

MGrayson

Well, always said that the 30 was too long for my wide angle use, but the size, weight, and price makes this worth a shot. Sometimes a few millimeters is enough.

Still wish there were a 24. Looks unlikely now.

strohscw

Maybe they reserved the 24mm for a Tilt/Shift 8)

pdprinter

looking at the data sheet https://cdn.hasselblad.com/f/77891/x/13985f7b6e/xcd28p-datasheet-en.pdf

The 28mmP has fairly even MFT but it is less sharp at already f8. The most obvious design compromise is quite high distortion (like the xcd30mm but not the 38mmV). Of course they rely on correction via Phocus but I wonder how out of camera jpg would look like (same would be for the 30mm).

I like a lot the price, weight and size great for hiking and all day use. I not mind that it is only f 4.0 to generate a compact lens like the 45mmP.

I hope one does not have to wait for it as long as the 90mmV.

Frankvth

it's allready for sale on the site, ready to ship within 1 day after payment. so no 90 story here.

bcvthul

What i like is the minimum focus distance!

vidio

Looks like flash sync up to 1/4000 is possible

sarkleshark

XPAN replacement is now complete!!!

Larsb

Exciting news!   I will definitely get one as soon as it is available in Australia
Software Engineer and long time passionate Photographer

Larsb

I placed a deposit on the XCD 28mm lens this afternoon.  I'm hoping several will soon make their way to Australia so that I can get my hands on one :-)
Software Engineer and long time passionate Photographer

flash

Quote from: Larsb on August 24, 2023, 11:08:19 AM
Exciting news!   I will definitely get one as soon as it is available in Australia

I have spoken to D1 Store today. 1st batch of 28mm is two to three weeks. 90V is mid to late October. I do not know how many units they are getting but I actually got an order in for each.

pm me if you want my contact at D1 details. They're not listed in general stock but you can pre-order with payment now and they'll send you an invoice.

Gordon