PHOCUS Mobile 2 and X2D FW 1.1.0 is outnow!!

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr-Anderson

X2D FW 1.1.0

FIRMWARE 1.1.0 FOR HASSELBLAD X2D 100C (2023.01.31)
Visit the Downloads section on the official website to download the latest firmware file:
https://www.hasselblad.com/my-hasselblad/downloads/#162
WHAT'S NEW
 Improved the stability of Wi-Fi connection when using Phocus Mobile 2.
 Improved user experience for downloading images using Phocus Mobile 2.
NOTES
 Users using Phocus Mobile 2 must update to the latest firmware version and use the latest version of Phocus Mobile 2 for the optimal user experience.
 "Update is completed" will be shown on the touch display once the update is successful.

Mr-Anderson

Live View is NOT supported yet.... :o
But you now can shoot with phone or iPad

alextsayun

They broke Live view on X1dII :( Ops, sorry it works :)

MGrayson

I'm getting a blank screen and no download from the download page. I'm signed in and everything. Anyone else have trouble downloading it?
I also can't see Phocus Mobile 2 in the App Store. Something weird is going on.

glaiben

Mine dowloaded fine.  I see there is also a December 2022 update to the manual.  Traveling today, so will review it on the plane this afternoon.

...gregg

MGrayson

man-overboard

Works FW 1.1.0 downloaded in Brave browser on Mac. Took about 3 mins max to update from the SSD. I see I have AutoISO also which was one of my things 'nice to see'. So after a few hours really happy. What a lovely camera I am so lucky to have.

fcarucci

Downloaded and installed.

I have a couple of noob questions if you don't mind:
- Phocus 3.7.2 on Mac: live view button is disabled, tethering still works
- Phocus 2 on iOS: I connect the phone to the camera wifi, but Phocus 2 can not connect

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

MGrayson

Quote from: fcarucci on February 01, 2023, 06:16:38 AM
Downloaded and installed.

I have a couple of noob questions if you don't mind:
- Phocus 3.7.2 on Mac: live view button is disabled, tethering still works
- Phocus 2 on iOS: I connect the phone to the camera wifi, but Phocus 2 can not connect

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
Did you update Phocus Mobile 2 as well?

And live view doesn't work on either Phocus yet.

boojum

My update was DL with Brave, paste to X2D SSD, disconnect from computer, turn on, General > Service > Check for Update > Update.  Done.  It is now faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a runaway locomotive and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.  It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a Hasselblad X2D!
Elpis

SrMi

Quote from: man-overboard on February 01, 2023, 05:03:08 AM
Works FW 1.1.0 downloaded in Brave browser on Mac. Took about 3 mins max to update from the SSD. I see I have AutoISO also which was one of my things 'nice to see'. So after a few hours really happy. What a lovely camera I am so lucky to have.

What do you mean by "I have Auto ISO"? I do not see any change regarding Auto ISO.

morgangold

MGrayson

Quote from: SrMi on February 01, 2023, 07:54:26 AM
Quote from: man-overboard on February 01, 2023, 05:03:08 AM

What do you mean by "I have Auto ISO"? I do not see any change regarding Auto ISO.
I do NOT see Auto ISO in manual mode even after the upgrade. So same as before.

FoleyAMG

Works great...have a head shot session in 60 mins...eager to see if there will be an glitches...took a few test shots and tethering wirelessly, it is pretty fast...

Photon42

What I noticed:

• No live view with either the iPad or the iPhone. Message suggests the present camera firmware is not yet ready for it. Probably the same for Phocus
  • WIFI mode works with iPhone (12) as well as with the iPad - connection is stable and easy to establish
  • Tethered shooting with the iPad does not work. Camera only lets me chose between charging mode and mass storage mode.
  • Follow focus works well on the iPad, but unfortunately only the thumbnail in the thumbnail view is updated - main screen turns black (that area where the new photo should appear). Navigating back and forth fixes that, but is not nice. One of these defects I do not understand how they can make it to production ...