PHOCUS Mobile 2 and X2D FW 1.1.0 is outnow!!

Previous topic - Next topic

vidio

I noticed it doesn't seem to work in either B or T shutter mode. Was this always the case? Would be useful to be able to use those modes without having to touch the camera?

Also - Is there a way to move the focus point remotely? I understand that there is no live view but I could look at the camera LCD and not have to touch the camera. I wonder if when we get live view we would also get touch focus.

Never the less it's great to able to trigger remotely. Particularly useful for landscape and other tripod shots.

fcarucci

Quote from: MGrayson on February 01, 2023, 06:24:54 AM
Quote from: fcarucci on February 01, 2023, 06:16:38 AM
Downloaded and installed.

I have a couple of noob questions if you don't mind:
- Phocus 3.7.2 on Mac: live view button is disabled, tethering still works
- Phocus 2 on iOS: I connect the phone to the camera wifi, but Phocus 2 can not connect

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
Did you update Phocus Mobile 2 as well?

And live view doesn't work on either Phocus yet.

Yes, I did. I have to try with the iPad next.

morgangold

Quote from: Photon42 on February 01, 2023, 12:15:55 PM
What I noticed:

• No live view with either the iPad or the iPhone. Message suggests the present camera firmware is not yet ready for it. Probably the same for Phocus
  • WIFI mode works with iPhone (12) as well as with the iPad - connection is stable and easy to establish
  • Tethered shooting with the iPad does not work. Camera only lets me chose between charging mode and mass storage mode.
  • Follow focus works well on the iPad, but unfortunately only the thumbnail in the thumbnail view is updated - main screen turns black (that area where the new photo should appear). Navigating back and forth fixes that, but is not nice. One of these defects I do not understand how they can make it to production ...

Tethered shooting did work for me using iPad Pro.
Not sure if there is a model issue or not.
Also: it was working much much much much much much faster than hardwiring to my laptop and using Phocus Desktop. Really fantastic.

KAGnj

Just clarify, does live view work with Phocus on a Mac with the X2D?  My X2d connects but Phocus has grayed out the live view button.

MGrayson

Quote from: KAGnj on February 02, 2023, 12:08:38 AM
Just clarify, does live view work with Phocus on a Mac with the X2D?  My X2d connects but Phocus has grayed out the live view button.
No. Live view does not (yet?) work with the X2D and Phocus.

stephanbruehl

The new version is improved concerning file naming during export, but it is still messy:

- Export from a shot which was imported by Phocus Mobile 2 to the iPad/iPhone gives the correct original filename (e.g. B0000640) only for "full jpg", "tiff" and "3FR", whereas export of "jpg mid resolution" results in a weird number-letter-combination (like "000000000000565101AB56B5000002F9.jpg"). This is obviously a bug which can be resolved easily.
- Export of the 3FR file directly from the camera for a share with Lightroom gives the correct file name, but senselessly enhanced by the export date, e.g. "Import B00000640 2023-02-01_14-13-38.3FR". The picture, however, was taken 2023-01-28 at 9:54 a.m., so I wonder what significance the export date from the camera to Lightroom Mobile via Phocus Mobile 2 shall provide for the user.

Photon42

Quote from: stephanbruehl on February 02, 2023, 04:08:10 AM
The new version is improved concerning file naming during export, but it is still messy:

- Export from a shot which was imported by Phocus Mobile 2 to the iPad/iPhone gives the correct original filename (e.g. B0000640) only for "full jpg", "tiff" and "3FR", whereas export of "jpg mid resolution" results in a weird number-letter-combination (like "000000000000565101AB56B5000002F9.jpg"). This is obviously a bug which can be resolved easily.
- Export of the 3FR file directly from the camera for a share with Lightroom gives the correct file name, but senselessly enhanced by the export date, e.g. "Import B00000640 2023-02-01_14-13-38.3FR". The picture, however, was taken 2023-01-28 at 9:54 a.m., so I wonder what significance the export date from the camera to Lightroom Mobile via Phocus Mobile 2 shall provide for the user.

Stephan,

did you use Raw-date in the export filename template?

Cheers
Ivo

Photon42

Quote from: morgangold on February 01, 2023, 06:10:46 PM
What I noticed:

• No live view with either the iPad or the iPhone. Message suggests the present camera firmware is not yet ready for it. Probably the same for Phocus
  • WIFI mode works with iPhone (12) as well as with the iPad - connection is stable and easy to establish
  • Tethered shooting with the iPad does not work. Camera only lets me chose between charging mode and mass storage mode.
  • Follow focus works well on the iPad, but unfortunately only the thumbnail in the thumbnail view is updated - main screen turns black (that area where the new photo should appear). Navigating back and forth fixes that, but is not nice. One of these defects I do not understand how they can make it to production ...

Also: it was working much much much much much much faster than hardwiring to my laptop and using Phocus Desktop. Really fantastic.

What iPad model did you use? I have used the Hasselblad provided cable, which always worked so far. May try another one and may try again tomorrow.

stephanbruehl

Quote from: Photon42 on February 02, 2023, 11:02:03 AM
Quote from: stephanbruehl on February 02, 2023, 04:08:10 AM

Stephan,

did you use Raw-date in the export filename template?

Cheers
Ivo
I can't find any template. The additional export date is just appended without my desire. Of course one can delete it, but this is a bit cumbersome to do it every time.

stephanbruehl

Quote from: Photon42 on February 02, 2023, 11:05:22 AM
Quote from: morgangold on February 01, 2023, 06:10:46 PM
What I noticed:

What iPad model did you use? I have used the Hasselblad provided cable, which always worked so far. May try another one and may try again tomorrow.

I have the newest iPad 12.8" (6th generation). "Tethering" with the iPad by use of the Hasselblad USB-C cable doesn't work. Either I choose "MassStorage" for access of the SSD without camera control by use of the data app, or I choose "Skip" which means I cannot see the SSD with the data app. In both cases I don't get a connection to the camera through Phocus Mobile 2, and that happens independent from the used cable (for mass storage connection every cable works fine for me). I have to switch on WiFi on the camera to use Phocus Mobile 2.  A tethering cable thus is totally needless and apart wouldn't make sense for the iPad.
Tethering only works with Desktop Phocus 3.7.2.

Photon42

I can't find any template. The additional export date is just appended without my desire. Of course one can delete it, but this is a bit cumbersome to do it every time.

Export -> then next to "name preset", click edit. Create your own template. Use Raw data for a start.

Photon42

Quote from: stephanbruehl on February 03, 2023, 02:53:16 AM

I have the newest iPad 12.8" (6th generation). "Tethering" with the iPad by use of the Hasselblad USB-C cable doesn't work. Either I choose "MassStorage" for access of the SSD without camera control by use of the data app, or I choose "Skip" which means I cannot see the SSD with the data app. In both cases I don't get a connection to the camera through Phocus Mobile 2, and that happens independent from the used cable (for mass storage connection every cable works fine for me). I have to switch on WiFi on the camera to use Phocus Mobile 2.  A tethering cable thus is totally needless and apart wouldn't make sense for the iPad.

Same here with an iPad Pro 2nd gen (USB-C). Will try again over the weekend.

Iskander

Quote from: Photon42 on February 03, 2023, 09:39:15 AM

Export -> then next to "name preset", click edit. Create your own template. Use Raw data for a start.

Where to edit ,name preset'? Not possible in Phocus Mobile 2

EdwardWeston

The Lightroom tether plugin stopped working post firmware update for me. It no longer recognizes the X2D. I looked to see if an updated plugin was provided but no.

morgangold

Quote from: Photon42 on February 03, 2023, 09:42:29 AM
Quote from: stephanbruehl on February 03, 2023, 02:53:16 AM

Same here with an iPad Pro 2nd gen (USB-C). Will try again over the weekend.

I used last year's iPad Pro, so 2nd to newest gen.
I didn't use a cable, I used wireless/wifi. It was so good I would never even think of using a cable for my needs.