CFV 100C will be released in Jan?

Previous topic - Next topic

vs-foto

My CFV II 50C has been my favorite camera for over 2 years. It doesn't matter whether the back is mounted on a 503CW or a 907X. I don't like looking for subjects with any other camera - apart from my new 905 SWC and the CFV-39. I love these combinations! Well - I'm just an amateur and not a professional. For me it's perfect and works perfect, maybe because it can't be perfect. In any case, I have no suggestions for improvements or any special wishes. That's also the reason why I'm not waiting for the new CFV 100C. Why should this make my pictures better? Good pictures don't necessarily have to be "technically good pictures"! ;)

MSuser

The 907X 50C is a camera with unique capabilities.

The Hasselblad 907X 50 CFV II MultiVerse - captureintegration.com

The CFV 100C will add to that range of possibilities.

JCM-Photos

Quote from: MSuser on January 18, 2024, 11:19:47 AM
The 907X 50C is a camera with unique capabilities.

The Hasselblad 907X 50 CFV II MultiVerse - captureintegration.com

The CFV 100C will add to that range of possibilities.
Total BS, did they ever try what they say ? 😆

907X has not at all X1DII functions
no flash TTL
no hotshoe
no backbutton AF without grip
no AEL without grip
lenses limited from 21mm to 45mm with OVF

grip is mandatory to benefit decent shooting options, but with really bad ergonomy compared to X1DII

Arcbody isn't Zeiss glass

All 3 X-Pan lenses give really bad image resultson 50c sensor (HB even discontinued the adapter)
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Georg Kovalcik

Well, I think after several comments with the same content we all know already that this not a camera made for you.
I like it the way it is and don't care for the features you are missing. But then, unlike you I did read the specifications before I bought it.

MSuser

Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 18, 2024, 09:16:18 PM
...907X has not at all X1DII functions...

That's correct. The 907X is a different camera with its own set of features, functions, and capabilities. The same is true of the other models as well.

Helwin

Back to topic.... Ugly truth.... my dealer informed me that the new model will not have IBIS. Anyway it will be "slightly cheaper" than the X2D.

Georg Kovalcik

I personally think this are good news.

Georg Kovalcik

BTW, does anyone know if the 1TB SSD (which has an estimated lifetime of 3-5 years) is a plug-in device or is soldered to the circuit board?

bags

Quote from: Helwin on January 21, 2024, 10:42:44 AM
Back to topic.... Ugly truth.... my dealer informed me that the new model will not have IBIS. Anyway it will be "slightly cheaper" than the X2D.
First post, but have loved lurking until technical difficulty with joining was resolved.

I've been waiting not-so-patiently for this release for several months. It'd be my first digital camera in a long time (having returned full time to film), both as an independent camera and as a back for my film Blad.

But a 100 mps sensor without IBIS means it would be essentially a technical camera back or completely tripod-bound. If this is true, I'm picking up a used 50c....

SrMi

Quote from: bags on January 21, 2024, 01:28:58 PM
Quote from: Helwin on January 21, 2024, 10:42:44 AM
First post, but have loved lurking until technical difficulty with joining was resolved.

I've been waiting not-so-patiently for this release for several months. It'd be my first digital camera in a long time (having returned full time to film), both as an independent camera and as a back for my film Blad.

But a 100 mps sensor without IBIS means it would be essentially a technical camera back or completely tripod-bound. If this is true, I'm picking up a used 50c....
Why would you pick 50c over 100c? Price? The 100Mp sensor is quite better than the 50MP sensor.

pdprinter

My limitation for sharpness is mostly not lenses or focus but that I try to handhold too long shutter speeds, so no IBIS would make no sense for a 100mP sensor.
So I will see this week what are the specs!

bags

As someone without a lot of knowledge of digital cameras, I just assumed that the more the mps, the greater the possibility of visible camera shake. Any sensor over 50 mps seems to have IBIS. Even the 60 mps Leica M11, which does not have IBIS, can be shot with lower mps.

If I'm thinking of using a long Zeiss lens (like the 180), I don't know if, at my age, I can handhold it without IBIS.

I might have to compare 100 and 50 mps pictures with the same lens to see if the image quality is better. Certainly 50 mps is more than enough for my practical needs.

SrMi

The resolution does not matter for camera shake if you compare final output, but it does matter when looking at 100% and most people want their images sharp at the pixel level.
Leica M11 is a 60MP camera without IBIS.
IMO, the output of 100MP sensor looks nicer because of higher resolution and has less noise at higher ISO because of dual conversion gain.
That said, the output from the 50MP sensor is still very, very good.

MSuser

Quote from: Georg Kovalcik on January 21, 2024, 11:33:29 AM
BTW, does anyone know if the 1TB SSD (which has an estimated lifetime of 3-5 years) is a plug-in device or is soldered to the circuit board?

On the X2D the 1TB SSD is a plug-in device. There's a photo of the SSD on page 15 of the X2D internal photos taken by the UL lab which provided testing and verification for FCC Wi-Fi approval.

Georg Kovalcik

Thanks! That is very interesting, even opens the possibility to have more storage in the future and in general looks rather service friendly.