CFV 100C will be released in Jan?

Previous topic - Next topic

glaiben

I use my old Rodenstock slide/negative loupes to view it in bright light (& give my eyes a bit of magnification).

...gregg

pdprinter

That is not specific for Hasselblad, the  back screens are based on obsolete LCD technology. There is a lot of complaint about smart phones are taking over the camera business, why does not any camera company look at better screen technology? Ever heard of OLED, soon to be replaced by micro LED!

JCM-Photos

sorry but that is not the case seing really nothing on my X1D, Leica,  Nikon's
Sharpen your eyes not your files

polychloros

Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 10, 2024, 06:13:57 PM
I confirm that with the CFV II 50c and the 907X it's impossible for me to frame a picture during a bright summer day even in the shadow with a large hat and screen brightness at max.
In this case only the OVF let me frame but with difficulties setting aperture, speed and focus

Yes, I agree it isn't ideal but it is hardly impossible because I frequently use the camera in bright sunny conditions without an OVF. I don't even have the screen on maximum brightness. If the light is likely to be very bright, I carry and use a spare Superflex foldable insert from one of my Billingham bags that acts as a simple to use rectangular light shield. It's roughly the same size as the fold out screen and provides about 6" in height of very effective light shielding around all four sides of the screen. It couldn't be easier to use (especially when the camera is on a tripod – though I've used it handheld too) and weighs virtually nothing. Problem solved for me.

SrMi

Ideally, CFV 100c would include an integrated foldable hood like the film Hasselblads.

pdprinter

Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 11, 2024, 09:34:47 PM
sorry but that is not the case seing really nothing on my X1D, Leica,  Nikon's
I had Leicas (M9 and Q) and one reason I gave up on the Q is I could no see the screen when doing low shots (for macros) in sun. I agree that the 907X is especially bad, especially considering it does not have an alternative
But then again I am still using large format cameras and screen visibility is at least in the corners with wide angle lenses much worse than the 907X, and I don't like to struggle with that black cloth in wind so I got very used to judge composition without it.

MSuser

Quote from: SrMi on January 11, 2024, 08:24:45 AM
Similar to when using the rear LCD on any camera, one needs something like Hoodman's Hoodloupe in bright sunlight. I have it always around my neck when shooting with DSLRs on a tripod (using mostly rear LCD). One could also use the foldable 503CW hood to stay in the proper style :) .

What's impossible to use for some is usable for others who find a practical solution that suits their needs. Based on the many images I've seen taken outside in all kinds of sunny conditions with a 907X, it appears that some have managed to adapt pretty well.

A transmissive viewing device, whether a ground glass or LCD panel, should typically be shielded from direct bright light. There are numerous hoods, shades, and loupes on the market which could potentially be used.

If what you require for your needs is a camera with an electronic viewfinder and eyecup, a 907X is the wrong camera for you and you should choose something else.

fotomuerz

"If what you require for your needs is a camera with an electronic viewfinder and eyecup, a 907X is the wrong camera for you and you should choose something else."

Or possible customer wishes are taken into account by the producer! Should have already happened.

JCM-Photos

I can show a lot of perfect images I've taken in bright sunlight with my 907X, but no image tells that it was a nightmare for me to take them  :)

Georg Kovalcik

Well, while there is some progress with displays (OLED, micro LED) one thing is for sure, against the brightness of the sun you will always loose. (E-Ink displays using reflected light might provide a solution in the future, but for now we are not there yet.)

For a camera without view finder the usual solution is some third party hood (preferable with a loupe), I use one and it works reasonably well. What would be expected from Hasselblad, though, is a well thought out and designed hood for the CFV (maybe with a hinge, so it can be flipped up to allow access to the touch screen).
In the past Hasselblad was a system with accessories for even the most exotic photographic problems, nowadays this seems a bit lacking. (Another example is the missing cable or remote trigger for the X2D - the winder for my 503cw, made 20 years ago has a remote trigger, the X2D with USB, WiFi and Blutooth has not).

fotomuerz

Yes, that's exactly how I see it too! The 500 C/M could have been used without a light shaft, but it was equipped with an incredibly ingenious part! Since the 907x is a niche product, no external accessory manufacturer is specifically concerned with this camera. You are therefore dependent on the producer.

Tennisarm12

Some people here seem to be on a mission to talk the 907X down - right, fotomuerz and JCM-Photos? Why don't you just let go, let the 907X owners deal with ,,THE PROBLEM" and get a camera that suits your needs better?

As MSuser said:
If what you require for your needs is a camera with an electronic viewfinder and eyecup, a 907X is the wrong camera for you and you should choose something else.

::) :-X

vs-foto

Quote from: Tennisarm12 on January 13, 2024, 10:37:03 AMAs MSuser said:

Fully agree! ;)

fotomuerz

Very funny, I decided on the 907x because I also absolutely need it for the SWC and the 500! And precisely because I have been using it since it came out, I will allow myself to express my wishes! It's absolutely not the wrong camera, it just needs improvement!! This has nothing to do with "talking down". These are experiences, but just MY experiences!

JCM-Photos

Quote from: Tennisarm12 on January 13, 2024, 10:37:03 AM
Some people here seem to be on a mission to talk the 907X down - right, fotomuerz and JCM-Photos? Why don't you just let go, let the 907X owners deal with ,,THE PROBLEM" and get a camera that suits your needs better?

As MSuser said:

::) :-X

Sorry but I am a real world owner and user of the X1D and 907X for years, and I only tell my real world field experience.

The 907X can only be for me a X1D backup, not my first Hasselblad camera, but I use a lot the CFVII 50c back on my 503CX and here it's a great solution when I want to shoot film and digital.