X2D - Firmware Wish list post 3.1.0

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewM

I know there has been many posts on firmware wishes, thought it might be useful to have an updated one since 3.1.0

Here are mine:

- AF - Continuous
- Black & White mode in viewfinder and capture (revert to color in Phocus if in RAW - like with crop modes)

Others?

Thx

acg69

Both VERY valuable additions! I agree 100%.

Helwin

Here are mine:

- Possibility to name custom presets (and, maybe, see these names on the display)

- Possibility to assign these presets to a custom button

flash

I don't use AFC on my GFX, so I don't think I'd use it on the X2D. But I'll take it if offered.

B&W preview is really my only wish.
Oh and - If possible a cable release through the USB C socket.

My real wishlist is outside the camera.
- Phocus Mobile for Android.
- A couple of zooms.
- A 120mm 2.8 and something around the 210mm mark that will accept the teleconverter.

Gordon

Patrick CM

I like the idea of custom presets.
It's not possible, but when a V lens switches the focus to manual focus, the AF-D button stops working. Using the front MF button to go manual, I find it very useful to get initial focus using the AF-D button. What other use has it?

Larsb

I would like to see a highlight-weighted metering mode, such as Ricoh, Nikon and Leica have.
Software Engineer and long time passionate Photographer

Faithwell

My wishlist would be:-
1) Moble phocus ability to set timer similar to the camera
2) Continous eye detection mode for the camera

AndrewM

Quote from: Helwin on December 30, 2023, 08:37:32 AM
Here are mine:

- Possibility to name custom presets (and, maybe, see these names on the display)

- Possibility to assign these presets to a custom button
I forgot about that one. Absolutely! If not able to name the presets in camera, do it through the mobile app and upload to the camera.

Tennisarm12

Second the first 2 wishes:

- AF - Continuous
- Black & White mode in viewfinder and capture (revert to color in Phocus if in RAW - like with crop modes)

viking

fcarucci

doc steel

I'm afraid that if Hasselblad fulfilled all the wishes expressed here, an X2D would become a GFX.

marcwick

@doc steel : but a much more beautiful camera!! :) :)

AndrewM

Quote from: marcwick on December 31, 2023, 10:47:17 PM
@doc steel : but a much more beautiful camera!! :) :)

The interesting thing is compared to a year ago, the above list is pretty small!

jakontil

I wish usb C connection on phocus mobile 2