X2D - Firmware Wish list post 3.1.0

Previous topic - Next topic

adrianh

Automatic ISO with Exposure Adjustment in Manual
Saving the ISO setting in A and M mode.
I am usually shooting Auto ISO in A, would like to be able to use that in M too. If not possible, please revert to Auto ISO when I switch back to A Mode as right now, it carries over my ISO setting from M-mode.
Better AF so it is usable in low light or backlit situations, right now it is only usable in average light situations. 

Patrick CM

Enable B/T while remotely connecting via WiFi to a smartphone. There's no 3mm sockets like the X1Dii has for a cord release cable.

etn

Quote from: Patrick CM on February 14, 2024, 01:21:29 AMThere's no 3mm sockets like the X1Dii has for a cord release cable.
Yes, this one is really a bummer.

etn

Thinking of something else:

In Electronic Shutter mode, the sensor readout time is faster with 14 bit (~150ms IIRC) vs 16 bit (~350ms). What about a 12 bit mode with even faster readout?

Before everyone answers with "The loss in image quality defeats the benefits or medium format", or something along those lines: I am very well aware that the image quality is lower in 12 bit mode. Engineering is always a matter of compromises. But I can imagine there are use cases where the end user would prioritize the readout time, and the IQ would still be sufficient. A 12 bit mode would add flexibility to the terrific tool that the X2D is. I, for one, would prefer having an in-camera 12-bit mode, available for those cases, rather than lugging a 2nd camera around.

What do you think?

fcarucci

My curiosity, what's the use case you have in mind? Would the AF keep up in that use case? If not, I don't see a reason for a 12bit mode readout, if yes, maybe that could be interesting.

etn

Quote from: fcarucci on February 15, 2024, 04:35:38 AMMy curiosity, what's the use case you have in mind? Would the AF keep up in that use case? If not, I don't see a reason for a 12bit mode readout, if yes, maybe that could be interesting.
The use case is with adapted lenses (electronic shutter), handheld or with moving subjects. The goal is to reduce the distortions due to rolling shutter.

Edit: about AF: in this use case there will be no AF as adapted lenses do not have AF. There is no need for a 12-bit mode, (or probably even a 14 bit mode), with native XCD lenses.

Helwin

Assigning "stabilation on/off" to a custom button.

I often work with the 250 SA on a tripod. Manual focusing is much easier with stabilisation on, then for shooting it should be turned off. Would be much faster on a custom button.

fcarucci

Quote from: etn on February 15, 2024, 09:56:36 PM
Quote from: fcarucci on February 15, 2024, 04:35:38 AMMy curiosity, what's the use case you have in mind? Would the AF keep up in that use case? If not, I don't see a reason for a 12bit mode readout, if yes, maybe that could be interesting.
The use case is with adapted lenses (electronic shutter), handheld or with moving subjects. The goal is to reduce the distortions due to rolling shutter.

Edit: about AF: in this use case there will be no AF as adapted lenses do not have AF. There is no need for a 12-bit mode, (or probably even a 14 bit mode), with native XCD lenses.

Fair use case. Thanks for sharing.

adrianh

Hybrid shutter that can switch over from mechanical to electronic shutter for faster speeds.

fh29

• assign name to custom profiles
  • enable/disable stabilization with a custom button
  • auto iso in manual mode
  • face detect when tethered
  • eye detect
  • highlight-weighted metering mode
  • multishot (4x 16x)
  • frame averaging