X2D - Firmware Wish list post 3.1.0

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelpower

I also desire the ability to Name Custom "PROFILES" and be able to EXPORT them to the Storage Card too.
I would also like more metering options, as previously mentioned, Highlight-Weighted for example.

Bob Foster

Zebra function, based on the raw data, not jpg. I live in an area where light out of doors not infrequently exceeds the dynamic range capability of the X2D. Perhaps this would be more useful than adding HDR which can suffer from the same problems as stacking due to subject movement.

JCM-Photos

Quote from: pixelpower on January 04, 2024, 07:00:44 AM
I also desire the ability to Name Custom "PROFILES" and would like more metering options,
as already mentioned, Highlight-Weighted for example.

Hasselblad cameras are base on photographer skills to remain minimalistic and highly efficient. (they are not made as a false foolproof piece of gear)
To date, all what's required for a professional use is there.

X cameras haptic, functions, screens, menus are also based on the nearest possible fit to the H6 camera.
Each professional shooting H6 photographer is able to use a X camera without new training and loss of time.

For most reliable highlights, I only and always meter them in spot mode, store permanently the value with a dedicated button and replace the initial reading to a my own highlight zone with on a definite plus offset, read in the viewfinder and dialed in with the rear wheel.
This routine take some seconds only and lasts for the entire sequence, until it's repeated at the next pictures sequence.

Same for camera profiles without in camera functions such as black and white, silly in camera film profiles etc... all this is brought by Phocus software and its profiles and functions.
And if tethered in Phocus, profiles are immediately and fully applied on the fly to each image shown and stored in the computer.

Hasselblad is another world of shooting with higher and simpler efficiency if you follow it in it's own way,
but it can also be annoying and slow when you remain on "normal" routine like with other systems.

A appreciate the Hasselblad ergonimy  close to my Nikon cameras, even if NIkon is less minimalistic, less simple and clear :
highlight spot meetering is done the same way with the same buttons at the same place, Back button AF with the same button at the same place, command screen comes with down swipe on Hassy H6, X and "i" button on Nikons.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

EdwardWeston

Totally agree. I'd def say Black and White preview is a must.

SrMi

Quote from: pixelpower on January 04, 2024, 07:00:44 AM
I also desire the ability to Name Custom "PROFILES" and would like more metering options,
Highlight Weighted, as implemented in other cameras, is not useful except in special lighting situations. More helpful would be live highlight clipping, even if it were based only on JPEGs, as done in other brands.

Orokaj

very reasonable requests to be honest.
Jakoro
Jack Xu

Clockworksphoto

Face Detect while shooting tethered.

fcarucci

Georg Kovalcik

Yes, Face Detect is very important nowadays, there arenĀ“t many people anymore that can detect a face when they have one in front of them.

Tennisarm12

Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 05, 2024, 06:01:10 AM
Quote from: pixelpower on January 04, 2024, 07:00:44 AMI also desire the ability to Name Custom "PROFILES" and would like more metering options,

Hasselblad cameras are base on photographer skills to remain minimalistic and highly efficient. (they are not made as a false foolproof piece of gear)
To date, all what's required for a professional use is there.

X cameras haptic, functions, screens, menus are also based on the nearest possible fit to the H6 camera.
Each professional shooting H6 photographer is able to use a X camera without new training and loss of time.

For most reliable highlights, I only and always meter them in spot mode, store permanently the value with a dedicated button and replace the initial reading to a my own highlight zone with on a definite plus offset, read in the viewfinder and dialed in with the rear wheel.
This routine take some seconds only and lasts for the entire sequence, until it's repeated at the next pictures sequence.

Same for camera profiles without in camera functions such as black and white, silly in camera film profiles etc... all this is brought by Phocus software and its profiles and functions.
And if tethered in Phocus, profiles are immediately and fully applied on the fly to each image shown and stored in the computer.

Hasselblad is another world of shooting with higher and simpler efficiency if you follow it in it's own way,
but it can also be annoying and slow when you remain on "normal" routine like with other systems.

A appreciate the Hasselblad ergonimy  close to my Nikon cameras, even if NIkon is less minimalistic, less simple and clear :
highlight spot meetering is done the same way with the same buttons at the same place, Back button AF with the same button at the same place, command screen comes with down swipe on Hassy H6, X and "i" button on Nikons.

Speak for yourself, Pro.

Mats E

B&W is my major additional wish and hopefully soon to come.
Mats

bcvthul

I would to see the removal of focus stack (keep the camera simple please)

flash

Quote from: bcvthul on February 09, 2024, 05:18:21 AMI would to see the removal of focus stack (keep the camera simple please)

Yeah, because it's really clogging up the UI????

Focus stacking is awesome. And well implemented. So a NO from me.

Gordon

fcarucci

At the moment, by far the highest priority is face detection with tethering. When shooting with clients, it makes the interaction much less streamlined. I want to be able to show the results while shooting.