X1D II - Orders, Deliveries, ETA’s and Etc

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek Lau

Hello everyone,

I placed my order on the 13th of July and was told the camera will be available on the 15th of August or in two days. Fingers crossed!

michael123

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 13, 2019, 02:32:11 AM
I for one, have 2 X1D bodies and ordered the X1DII on the day of the announcement.

Since then, I have had some really strange feedback/requests from my dealer such as the delay is due to the shoulder strap being delayed, and also, I was asked if I could accept a body without WIFI function due to certification issues etc. I also paid for my X1Dii in June. And was told late June early July delivery.

But hey, I in a contrary do like your comments, especially this one as it does spoil some light.

What I don't understand is why did you order mk2?
Wasn't it clear that will be a delay?
There was nothing Hasselblad did on time during these 3 years with X1D.
Moreover, expect manufacturing and quality issues.
Do expect bugs in FW
Unkept promises.

The proof is on Hasselblad, so far that was what we got

Shuttermuse

Every time I have made any statements any comments on this forum, I have backed it up with reasoning, and my own perspective. If anyone has asked for more information or disagreed, I have responded.

The reason I have invested to heavily in the X system is because it allows me to create work different to the masses... the IQ and lenses create something distinguishable from FF.

I will have 3 bodies because it means that I don't have to change lenses during my shoots, in practice I most often use two bodies with the 3rd as a backup.

Bob Andersson

From Hasselblad via my UK dealer a few moments ago:

"Thank you for your purchase of the Hasselblad X1D II 50C. Unfortunately, shipping of the X1D II 50C to countries within Europe has been delayed due to the new EU directive RoHS 2.0. The current plan is to ship the cameras starting mid-September 2019. We will update you in case there are any further changes affected by the new directive. Thank you for your understanding and patience."

A quick Google reveals that RoHS 3 came into effect on July 22nd, 2019 (link) so maybe the reference to 2.0 is a typo? It's rather disappointing that lack of compliance wasn't spotted earlier but, on the plus side, there is an implication that there isn't a fundamental flaw in the design, just the materials used.

Update: I see from this thread that territories outside the EU are receiving their cameras a little earlier.

Shuttermuse

I personally don't think the delay has anything to do with RoHs. RoHs might require some additional compliance but from what I have been told I suspect the real issue is to do with WIFI certificates in eu other territories. It's just easier for them to use RoHs as an excuse in stead of their own bad planning.

Sandy Blaser

Sold my X1D equipment a few months ago, moved to Fuji....No regrets...Fuji is transparent, makes promises on availability that it keeps....Not as "Pretty", but more menu options and great results....Love the Hasselblad in theory, but not in practice......Like I have been saying for months, and been criticized for....Hasselblad is a poorly-run Company at this point in time, makes promises that it doesn't keep......There are now alternatives.....I wish the best for Hasselblad, but Victor would not be happy with the way his Company is managed.....

Shuttermuse

Sandy, how could you? Your Karma is almost as bad as mine...

hcubell

Quote from: Sandy Blaser on August 18, 2019, 02:50:52 AM
Sold my X1D equipment a few months ago, moved to Fuji....No regrets...Fuji is transparent, makes promises on availability that it keeps....Not as "Pretty", but more menu options and great results....Love the Hasselblad in theory, but not in practice......Like I have been saying for months, and been criticized for....Hasselblad is a poorly-run Company at this point in time, makes promises that it doesn't keep......There are now alternatives.....I wish the best for Hasselblad, but Victor would not be happy with the way his Company is managed.....

The only problem for me is that Fuji keeps its promises about things I just don't want. Hasselblad may not keeps its promises about delivery schedules, but at least when they deliver, it's what I really want.

Ikarus

Hamburger mentality- I want it now and I want it while it's hot.

hcubell

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 18, 2019, 03:13:40 AM
Sandy, how could you? Your Karma is almost as bad as mine...

Well, Sandy left a couple of months ago. He would probably still be ahead of you, but you really have been coming on strong in his absence to pick up the slack.

flyingmd

I ordered from BH the day it was announced. Was originally told july. I called last week and now they are saying sometime in September. Anybody get from BH yet?

Shuttermuse

Only demo cameras in the wild. Hasselblad will ship out to US dealers on the 28th Aug. for Europe a couple weeks later.

Shuttermuse

Just received an update from my dealer.

HB personnel   coming back from holiday this week it seems.

So far, it looks like everything is on track and I have "confirmation" my camera would ship out from HB HQ on the 28th.....

nunnzzzz

Got UPS notice that my X1D II was shipped by HasselBLAD today!!!

JoeC

Received confirmation from my dealer that my X1D II has shipped.  :)

Joe