Promised and missing features of H6D firmware

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

I use the same, works really well. I use it for Cfast, XQD, CF and SD cards. It has 4 four slots.

Roger Méndez

I bought Lexar CR2 with only one slot and cost me 110€.  :o :o

Buddy

here is a picture of the tower (ca. 15 cm height). The individual slots can be taken e.g. for take-away. All based on USB 3.0.

(for some reasons ? it is upside down...iPhone!?)

Sergo

Thank you Roger . But I understand from other comments that impoting from the camera works.

Roger Méndez

Hi Sergo, When I shoot tethered, the images are downloaded to the computer and appears in Phocus, thats no problem. The problem is when you shoot without being tethered, there is no way to find the camera connected where normally appears the camera on Phocus and you can't find the card. Thats the problem I have now. By the way, the Lexar CR2 card reader I bought is with thunderbolt connection. That might be the reason of it's price.

ganesh

Off topic...
Some inspiration to console us while we wait ; )
... and proof, that in spite so many features still missing, something can be done with the H6D.
http://www.hasselblad.com/our-world/feature/peter-coulson-hasselblad-ambassador

danord

Great post. Hope Hasselblad is listening  :)
I don't shoot tethered right now but support for USB power supply and other firmware add-ons that would enable us to use the back on a tech cam would be great.
I have a couple of wishes not mentioned here before.

I would like support for back-up option on the 2.card, not just overflow option. This is very important.
I would like to have the spirit-level back in the handgrips assignable-buttons options (as it was on my H5D). I used to have the spirit-level on the AE-lock button. As of now the only way to see spirit level is going through the back-menu. The idea of spirit-level overlay in live-view is excellent, but I wish I also could do 100% focus check with this overlay.
Beeing able to select direct live-view access on one of the programmable hand-grip buttons would also be great!

danord

J_M

Please bring back the Tilt/Shift info on the grip (or anywhere!) when using the HTS. I use it all the time, untethered, and all I can do right now is guess.

J_M

xpixel

Just a question: Why has the H6D no Auto White Balance?

DJPixelMan

Well, it's been nearly 2 months since any H6 firmware upgrade..my rep said the WB measuring tool would be back in "soon", but I'm beginning to have severe doubts.

cerett

Hasselblad really stepped up to the plate this month in terms of delivering backorders for the 100c and X1D. I'm feeling confident that new firmware is coming very soon. Perhaps Nick T can elaborate further on this issue?

eyedear

its been a while so any updates on the features that are still missing on the h6d-100c

DJPixelMan

I see the "new baby" the X1D has just had another firmware update.

mkerouac

Quote from: DJPixelMan on February 16, 2017, 05:58:51 AM

The X1D was shipping with Demo firmware.  it desperately needed the update.  I'm pretty sure that the H6D firmware is up next and coming soon.  Just don't think it will make everyone happy.  As some of you may remember, it took well over a year for the H5 firmware to get most of the promised features.

cerett

Quote from: mkerouac on February 17, 2017, 09:11:47 AM
Quote from: DJPixelMan on February 16, 2017, 05:58:51 AM

The X1D was shipping with Demo firmware.  it desperately needed the update.  I'm pretty sure that the H6D firmware is up next and coming soon.  Just don't think it will make everyone happy.  As some of you may remember, it took well over a year for the H5 firmware to get most of the promised features.

I suspect and hope to see something very soon, something that was well worth the wait.