Network drives in Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Gysin

Hi everybody

I have a Drobo shared over an Airport and even I can access it via the Finder the Volume does not show up in Phocus. Is this a bug in Phocus? Is there a workaround? Any ideas?

Thanks and have a great day

Marc

Dustbak

Marc,

I can access my network drives (shared from a Windows server) fine however I do need to mount each share first before it gets visible in Phocus. Mounting by simply clicking on the share to see what is on it. This is a somewhat different situation than yours but at least it tells you Phocus can access network drives in principal.

Marc Gysin

Hey thank you.
I just tried it on my mac and it works, but when access some files in Phocus it disconnects my drive... Maybe my network (Airport Extreme) is to slow...
At least I have a starting point and I know now that it could work...

cunim

I am not sure there are program-specific network drive issues, as Phocus does see mapped drives on my PC workstations.  What I have noticed is the program has conniption fits if the drive it is working from is not on the host PC.  For example, viewing images on my D drive is reasonably quick.  As soon as I shift to a network drive, just getting the directory structure to display takes forever.

Worse, this problem extends to SSDs.  I have a caged SSD (USB) which I use with my laptop when I tether.  Images are saved to the SSD so that I can just plug it into my workstation to modify and export images.  The freezing problem then occurs.  Just turning an adjustment check box on or off can take 10 seconds.  This fit lasts about ten minutes, after which Phocus goes back to a more normal speed.

God knows what is going on, and this not the worst problem I am having at the moment.  Sent logs to HUSA but that sort of feels like whipping a puppy.

Peter