HC 3.2/150N

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Maxim

Thank you, Marc.

And if you thoroughly look through a pile of fashion magazine, guys, you'll notice that there are quite a few photos that are not perfectly sharp or some of them are not sharp at all, lol. And art directors, fashion editors, don't really care about how sharp your pixels are. What they want to see, is if your image communicate what they want it to communicate. In most cases they don't even know what pixels are...

Marc, I'll wait for H5D, when Hasselblad have a display similar to iPhone's, maybe even with a pinch zoom, and maybe it will have WiFI :)

Alex

ACorrodi

good lens for stitching, too.
made from 3 shots.
love fine contrast
F

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: ACorrodi on November 27, 2010, 01:06:44 AM
good lens for stitching, too.
made from 3 shots.
love fine contrast
F
I have a 300 for scenes like that.
H4D-60, 50-100mm, 300mm, CF, Flexbody, P3

rem

nice Fredi, where is it?  lg, rem

ACorrodi

Shot from the Harbour at Lake Zug.

I think about getting the 300 too. This shot couldn't have been done with it as I wanted some of the lake in the picture plus I did it portrait. The 300 would then have taken ... 6 shots as in 3 wide 2 tall ... Too hard
F

BLASR

With HD-60.

First day of spring as well (maybe) last day of snow.

BlasR
BlasR

SteveK

I also was a little surprised that some of alex's 100% samples are not that sharp. But imo this is not necessarily the focus. If in phocus (software) you switch on or off the sharpen feature, you might get the same results/difference in the definition of "sharp".

Also a 100% snippet does not represent the whole picture. I bet even blowed up to A4 his pics will appear very sharp.

---------------------------

The biggest question remains unanswered: What is the difference between HC150 and HC150N? :)

Alex Maxim

Quote from: SteveK on March 25, 2011, 02:28:46 AM
If in phocus (software) you switch on or off the sharpen feature, you might get the same results/difference in the definition of "sharp".

There is no sharpening. Neither in Phocus nor in Photoshop. I leave it to the publisher. I am not a fan of sharpened files myself.

Alex

Mats E

I have the same hard earned experiences from using the 150 for studio shots - portraits and models. The limited df and slightly slow af is creating a problem, even to the extent that the shutter quite frequently have been refusing to trigger the shot while having the expression or pose that you want to capture. At times, very frustrating. Have upgraded from H3DII-50 to H4D50, but havenĀ“t had time to really try it out.

My experience from using the 100 mm with better df some of the off focus problems are solved.

Although, I am not either into too much of post-processing, sharpening in Phocus is a must as we all are shooting in RAW, which really is raw when it comes out of the camera.

While using LR, there is already some sharpening done by the standard setting once you open a file although even here some more sharpening normally is needed according to my view.

Mats
Mats

SteveK

when sharpening is turned off (unchecked) the difference is enourmous compared to the standard sharpen setting with a value of 100.

but I agree with alex that sharpening may be left to the post production (sharpen imo also depends on the final size you are using, so it makes no sense to sharpen too much from the very beginning). this is why I do not exegerate with it and leave it to standard.

I will try to find some people samples of my HC150 as well... when looking at stills, it is damn sharp at 100% even when sharpen is turned off (though RAW is not too sharp by nature).

still I do not know the differenece HC150 vs. HC150N
did anybody find ou????

rem

what I was told, the 150N is faster then the older one.
rem

SteveK

I can confirm the slight unsharp habbit when using the HC150 with moving targets but I find this quite normal and I have similar effects when using my 200mm with the Nikon. With fixed targets the HC150 is cutting sharp!

Sample picture @ f7.1 and 1/160s

This is a 100% snipped (left default sharpening by Phocus / right sharpen off)

This is a another 100% snipped (left default sharpening by Phocus / right sharpen off)

On the second sample you can see the difference between sharpen "on" and "off" very well. Even with the default low sharpen values (amount 100, radius 1) it is a huge difference.

Alex Mac

Which is sharper? The HC 3.2/150 or the HC 4/210 ?

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: SteveK on April 03, 2011, 10:57:16 AM
I can confirm the slight unsharp habbit when using the HC150 with moving targets but I find this quite normal and I have similar effects when using my 200mm with the Nikon. With fixed targets the HC150 is cutting sharp!

On the second sample you can see the difference between sharpen "on" and "off" very well. Even with the default low sharpen values (amount 100, radius 1) it is a huge difference.

I do not think these pictures are very sharp by the Hasselblad yardstick... what camera were you using?
H4D-60, 50-100mm, 300mm, CF, Flexbody, P3

HLArt

sunshine, sunshine

HC 150N, ISO 50, f4 - 1/250

sharp enough by f4? I love this piece for portrait outside and inside also!