HC 3.2/150N

Previous topic - Next topic

HLArt

HC 3,2/150N & H4D-60 - ISO 200, f3,2 - 1/46

Ed Bray

Love this lens, my Grandson Lucas this aftenoon. Ixpress 528C and it's only the Mk1

100% crop

Swissblad

D*mn you, Ed.... now I know which lens is 1st on my new purchase list!
Lovely shot - and it really is sharp!
Cheers, S:)

Ed Bray

Quote from: Swissblad on November 20, 2011, 12:24:48 AM
D*mn you, Ed.... now I know which lens is 1st on my new purchase list!
Lovely shot - and it really is sharp!
Cheers, S:)

Hi Sinuhe,

The strange thing is Hasselblad did not think the 150mm HC was sharp enough and brought out the HC 150N, how sharp must that be?  ???

Dustbak

HC150 version 1 plus 100% crop. When used properly this lens is tack sharp.

fotografz

I had read that the 150N is a tweak with a bit better performance to the edges and close focusing ... but I cannot find the data sheet for the non-N version to compare it to the current N version MTFs on the Hasselblad site. The hard specs look the same, same number of elements in the same amount of groups.  I have the 150N only because I got a mint one for helping a guy solve some photo problems he was having. Of course the N is now the only one you can buy new, so if you can find a mint used one I doubt you'll miss anything much, especially for portrait work.

I also bought the new HC 50-II, and that one does show a marked improvement over the previous version ... which is confirmed by the Hasselblad data sheets. It's now 11 elements in 7 groups verses 10 elements in 9 groups. Love the new HC50-II, much sharper from wide open to f/8, and I have noticed much sharper results at closer distances.

The MTFs for the 120 and 120-II look to also be a tweak ... same elements in same groups, the MTFs show a slight improvement at f/4 and f/8 but I think you'd need to be using a H4D/60 or Multi-Shot to pixel-peep any difference. What would be of interest is whether the slight difference would translate into a 1/2 stop more before diffraction set in ... but now I'm getting beyond my scope of technical geek-dom ... LOL!

-Marc

regeti

Dustbak

Did you by any chance turn on the moire reduction? There is a lot of aliassing in the eyes iris.

David Grover

Its a coloured contact lens Dustbak!  ;)

Alex Maxim

Quote from: Dustbak on February 16, 2012, 01:34:53 AM
Did you by any chance turn on the moire reduction? There is a lot of aliassing in the eyes iris.

Those are colored contact lenses. I had a couple models wearing those. Can't see them until you check images at 100%. Looks weird. I wonder why the manufacturers don't print the pattern at higher dpi.

David Grover

Quote from: Alex Maxim on February 16, 2012, 04:39:03 AM

Those are colored contact lenses. I had a couple models wearing those. Can't see them until you check images at 100%. Looks weird. I wonder why the manufacturers don't print the pattern at higher dpi.

Because we don't stare at peoples' eyes that much or that closely... unless they are really hot.  ;)

Alex Maxim

Quote from: David Grover on February 16, 2012, 04:40:20 AM
Quote from: Alex Maxim on February 16, 2012, 04:39:03 AM

Because we don't stare at peoples' eyes that much or that closely... unless they are really hot.  ;)

Lol :)

Dustbak

;D Allright. Geez, that looks weird. Why in heavens name would you want a brown colored contact when most people in the world already have brown eyes :) I did see images last year where you could read the brand name on the contact (unfortunately not a HB product).. That brand name apparently was printed at higher Dpi, obviously more important than color  ::)

regeti

Sorry for the delayed response and yes those are her contacts. I dont know if she is wearing them for color or for sight. I didnt notice them until I saw it at 100%.

Regards,
Srinivasa Regeti

bredd

Can someone please tell me the difference between the HC 150 and the HC 150N. I'm a newbie to Hasselblad and have recently purchased the HC 150. Did I purchase the right lens?