Phocus Survey

Previous topic - Next topic

agsurf5

MacBookPro 2.5GHz core 2duo with 4GB ram
Chipset Model:   GeForce 8600M GT   

performance/speed 4
reliability: 7 but lately going down to 5.

that is the main tethered machine. the studio macpro is usually not tethered to it, and processing files is not that fast either.

s.agar

Operating System: Windows Vista 32-bit
Version: 6.0 Service Pack 2
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:7, Stepping:6 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Physical processor count: 2
Processor speed: 3000 MHz
Video Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 x 4294967296 colors
Built-in memory: 3326 MB

Performance 8
Reliability 8

No tethered use.
H3DII, M8, Canon 5DII, NEX-3 
Camera collector, over 500 items.
http://seyhun.com/

NIETLISBACH

Mac Pro

2x 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors
ATI Radeon HD 4870
16GB RAM

Performance 8

Stability 9

fred@steinphoto.com

Machine specs:

2 X 2.8 Ghz Quad Core MacPro

8 Gig RAM

2-ATI Radeon HD3870 cards

Speed/performance rated from 1 to 10, where 10 is excellent and 1 is useless and taking into account your expectations for your setup.

Speed is an 8, performance is 8 when it does not drop the Ixpress 384 back on H2 camera.  I work tethered exclusively and frequently though out the day I lose the ability to fire from the camera, control of aperture or shutter speed from the computer or occasionally the camera completely. I work on 2 identical Mac computers with 3 different Ixpress backs and cameras and it happens on all.

Reliability rated from 1 to 10 where 10 is excellent and 1 is useless: 6 because of the issue above.

And while I'm offered the opportunity to complain, I hate the crop module, especially the whole preset adding and deleting and in inability to draw and save a crop size and shape.  And the lack of a resolved preview except in magnified mode is a real problem for us.

Fred Stein

Alex Maxim

#1 PC
Windows 7 x64
Intel Quad 2.8 Ghz, 4GB
Nvidia 8800 GTS

Performance 8
Reliability 8

#2 Laptop
Windows 7 x64
Intel Duo 2.53, 4GB
NVidia GT 240M

Performance 7
Reliability 7

koukei

2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core

10 GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Performance 8

Stability 5

MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz

6 GB ram

Performance 7

Stability 5

cunim

Great topic, Nick.  I won't add my numbers as I am probably an outlier - or is that outlaw.  HUSA may be developing the latter view.

Anyway, here's another topic I wish you would post. 

"Do you want Hasselblad to continue with a fully-featured Phocus. or would you prefer a basic program that does lens-specific corrections and then outputs DNG (some corrections) or TIFF (all corrections).

1 - I want to see Phocus grow into something even more wonderful than it is

5 - I want my file exports and Phocus can expire in a ditch

On this one, put me down at 6

paulhu

MacBook Pro 2.33 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
Mac OSX 10.5.8
4GB SDRAM
Chipset ATY, RadeonX1600

Speed/Performance: 4
Reliability:  8

bea@picsbits.nl

MacPro specs   Macpro1.1, Processor  Dual-Core Intel Xenon   2.66 GHz

Phocus not working well because I see spickles (like braille) all over my photo, also while zooming in. Cannot judge images well because of this disturbing issue. Spickles are not printed, only on screen. Donot know what it is.
Flexcolor is not working well any more since using Snow Leopard because  because colorspace is not being connected any more (only mentioning Untagged colorspace). Photos are pale.

Can anybody help me with these problems ?

Bea Blauwendraat    Please respond to bea@beablauwendraat.com
Netherlands

MichaelS

Using Phocus on a variety of Intel Macs, laptops, 4 core, 8 core etc with 528MS and 39MS.  Doesn't work well on older machines where Flex does.  Performance 9, Reliability 8. (Flex 10 and 10) A bit finicky as to what machine it likes, most of its new features are great the more it and it's features are like LR, the better.

Keep up the good work!

M.

Wick

I am stuck at 22mpix happily for now. If you upgrade one thing anymore, you need to follow suit with everything else, I don't think I can even upgrade my monitor without incurring upgrades to other things like vid cards, maybe processors, so...
I love flexcolor except that it used to give you camera settings and now it does not except for in the info window which is really irksome.
I downloaded the latest version of Phocus a week or two ago and it ran faster on my older intel system than the previous version, BUT the files it output were very screwed up and useless.
Best
Wick Beavers

BobDavid

2 machines:

Machine #1 (laptop)
Windows XP
Dual Core
Nvidia Graphics Card
4 gigs Ram

Performance 5
Reliability 9

Machine #2 (tower)
Windows  Vista 64
Quad Core i7 CPU  940@2.93 GHz
Memory 6 GB Ram
Graphics card -- Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 (1 Gig memory)

Performance 8.5
Reliability 9

Jerome

hello

Windows Vista
Intel Core TM2 duo CPU T9400 2.53Ghz
memory 4 go
nvidia quadro fx 770m

Performance 5
Speed 8

kenschuster

Can't use Phocus on MacBook Pro maxed-out at 2GB Ram.

Can use Phocus on PC with XP Pro and 4GB Ram, but it runs much slower than Lightroom. When the next Mac Pro becomes available, I'll try Phocus, but until then I'm using Felxcolor 4.8.6, Lightroom and Photoshop in that order.

martinnz

iMac  running 10.6.2
     Intel Core 2 Duo
   2.16 GHz
  Number Of Processors:   1
  Total Number Of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache:   4 MB
  GeForce 7300 GT

Speed/performance 5

Reliability 8 except recovery does not work  the whole image turns magenta

Martin