Hasselblad Owners Club?

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithL

Quote from: Richard Mandelkorn on February 26, 2010, 04:39:33 AM
I just changed an image in my portfolio, which had the effect of removing me from the listings completely. I have to assume when one makes a change in portfolio images that the review process gets reinitiated.

Thanks, Richard. I'll give it another 24 hours or so to see if the revisions I posted yesterday morning actually appear. If they don't I'll delete the lot and wait until the web designers realise that many photographers are uncomfortable with anything less than real-time revisions.

arminw

Quote from: KeithL on February 26, 2010, 10:48:23 PM
Thanks, Richard. I'll give it another 24 hours or so to see if the revisions I posted yesterday morning actually appear. If they don't I'll delete the lot and wait until the web designers realise that many photographers are uncomfortable with anything less than real-time revisions.

The question is, do the hasselblad webdesigners actually read all the remarks we make so the problems can be ironed out ... ?

Armin
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

David Grover

Quote from: arminw on February 26, 2010, 11:41:25 PM
Quote from: KeithL on February 26, 2010, 10:48:23 PM

The question is, do the hasselblad webdesigners actually read all the remarks we make so the problems can be ironed out ... ?

Armin

You can be sure of that.

KeithL

Quote from: David Grover on February 27, 2010, 02:00:09 AM
You can be sure of that.

In that case here are a few queries ;)

Why, when the rest of the Hasselblad website looks fresh and chic, have the HOC designers reverted to an ugly 1990s look complete with an over-powering dark background?

Why are the thumbnails in 3:2 proportion rather than the 4:3 proportion of Hasselblad cameras?

Why the choice of thumbnail orientation?

Why, as is the case of most image sharing sites, are there no real-time upload, sorting and revision options?

Why are the Next and Previous arrows superimposed on the images?

Why the very strange spacing between thumbnail images?

Why is it not clear that previously given sensitive information is automatically displayed for all to see?

Best

Keith

paulhu

I changed an image in my portfolio two days ago.  Now.....NADA.  I guess that every time one makes a change, the portfolio goes to the bottom of the totem pole.  The reviewing committee must have a long list of photographers  to review  :'(

KeithL

This morning I deleted all my images and uploaded them again and the changes were actioned within an hour or two.

Are you sure you saved the changes?

paulhu

Yes, I saved all my changes two days ago.  I can go in and edit my profile, images, etc., and see the changes that I made several days ago.  May be the images are just too HOT to post...lol

MurrayLow

Can someone help me with this? I have completed my registration, I think correctly, and uploaded 6 images. At step 5 I click 'next' and I get the message:

Thank you for registering!

You are only a few steps away from being a member of Hasselblad Owners' club:
You need to answer all questions.

I don't think there are any more questions to answer.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex Maxim

That means questions on the first couple of pages I suppose. About cameras, lenses etc.

NickT

Question!

Do you guys think Hasselblad employees should be allowed in the owners club (assuming they are in fact owners) or would that be wierd?

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

David Grover

NB - You can know hide your address and/or email in the 'Upload and Biography' panel.

Alex Maxim

Quote from: NickT on March 01, 2010, 12:52:49 PM
Question!

Do you guys think Hasselblad employees should be allowed in the owners club (assuming they are in fact owners) or would that be wierd?

Nick-T

Of course, why not? It's not a lottery after all :)

Hywel

Sigh, several days now and my profile isn't up (I don't think it is anyway). Why? Nudity in the images? Nature of the images overall? Something to do with the multiple crashes on data entry, even though it all looks OK now? All a bit of a bad experience thus far :-(

Hywel

TareqPhoto

I registered to Hasselblad Owner Club today and still it is not showed up there, and so surprising that i didn't see that club available, and now when i registered i shocked to see hundreds registered there already, i am always so late.