Anyone care to share experience of using CFVII 50C back on a 500 series camera

Previous topic - Next topic

marcwilson

Hi all,

Does anyone who has used the CFVII 50C back on a 500 series camera care to share their overall experience here?

I used these cameras for many years and simply wonder wether with the back attached is it exactly the same simple operation, only added to by choosing iso on the back instead of film roll?
I would use it with a crop lines focussing screen / mask of course.

Thanks,

Marc

ramarren

Yes, that's pretty much it exactly.

I use my CFVII 50c on my 500CM bodies almost as much as I use it with the 907x body.

G

JCM-Photos

Yes I love my 503 CX with the CFV II 50c and the Acute Mate D screen with digital format lines.
Distagon 50 CF FLE is perfect
Plane 8o CF perfect
Sonnar 250 CF SA fabulous

It's as simple as with film

The only limitation is the shutter speed of 1/500s vs mirror shake that need to use the tripod and mirror prerelease with the 250 SA
Sharpen your eyes not your files

ramarren

Just received this lens last week, and find it a pleasure to use ...

G

marcwilson

Quote from: JCM-Photos on February 06, 2024, 11:24:30 AMYes I love my 503 CX with the CFV II 50c and the Acute Mate D screen with digital format lines.

Do you have the model number for that screen...I've heard it's the best option for this set up.
Thanks

marcwilson

With the CFV backs (50 or 100) is there any compelling reason to use a 503 body over a 501cm body?
Ignoring flash ttl options.
Assuming same or similar age.

Thanks.

satijntje

My 503CX body that I used on a CFV50II had to go back to Hasselblad Germany for readjustment as it had a significant backfocus.

ramarren

Quote from: marcwilson on February 13, 2024, 02:27:29 AMWith the CFV backs (50 or 100) is there any compelling reason to use a 503 body over a 501cm body?

Thanks.

I don't know what the differences between the 500CM, 501CM, and 503 bodies are. I use my CFVII 50c with 500CM bodies; both of mine were made about 1978 or so. I'm not a big user of flash lighting, and the 500CM bodies work very well for what I do with them.

photogar

I find the prices for the acute matte d screens quite prohibitive and not quite fair...
Last week I installed a brightscreen mod with all the bells and whistles, into my 500cm for use with my 907x 50C II, and I am absolutely stoked. I can now see very clearly and spot on focus is possible again!
I can't recommend them enough, as it is $100 v. $600+
https://bright-screen.com
And it comes with 2x spacers so that its placement is spot on, and does not require to be sent for adjustment after installing the bright screen. Before the bright screen, I found myself using LIVEVIEW on my 907x when attached to the 500cm with an old skool lens. No longer.
And no, I have no affiliation with the Ohio based company other than being very happy with the results !

polychloros

Quote from: marcwilson on February 13, 2024, 02:27:29 AMWith the CFV backs (50 or 100) is there any compelling reason to use a 503 body over a 501cm body?

In short, no. None at all.

marcwilson

good to know, thanks.

Quote from: photogar on February 14, 2024, 07:14:56 AMI find the prices for the acute matte d screens quite prohibitive and not quite fair...
Last week I installed a brightscreen mod with all the bells and whistles, into my 500cm for use with my 907x 50C II, and I am absolutely stoked. I can now see very clearly and spot on focus is possible again!
I can't recommend them enough, as it is $100 v. $600+
https://bright-screen.com
And it comes with 2x spacers so that its placement is spot on, and does not require to be sent for adjustment after installing the bright screen. Before the bright screen, I found myself using LIVEVIEW on my 907x when attached to the 500cm with an old skool lens. No longer.
And no, I have no affiliation with the Ohio based company other than being very happy with the results !

JCM-Photos

Quote from: polychloros on February 14, 2024, 10:13:10 PM

503CX has no gliding mirror
503CW and 501CM have the bigger gliding mirror for vignetting free viewfinder with long focal length lenses
Sharpen your eyes not your files

polychloros

Quote from: JCM-Photos on February 16, 2024, 01:39:09 AM
Quote from: polychloros on February 14, 2024, 10:13:10 PM

503CX has no gliding mirror
503CW and 501CM have the bigger gliding mirror for vignetting free viewfinder with long focal length lenses

"Assuming same or similar age" was what I considered the relevant point and therefore assumed Marc, the OP, was comparing 503CW and 501CM.