907X & CFV 100C - A Trifecta of Imaging Possibilities

Previous topic - Next topic

SrMi

Hasselblad representatives said that there was no room for IBIS in the body.

jakontil

I love the IBIS too in my X2D, but considering its small size, i wouldnt mind not having one

Is IBIS taking up so much space?

pdprinter

Quote from: SrMi on January 27, 2024, 07:33:01 AM
I think a small increase of depth and it would he been possible. Maybe this a prime example of form over function!

SrMi

Quote from: pdprinter on January 27, 2024, 04:28:59 PM
Quote from: SrMi on January 27, 2024, 07:33:01 AM
I think a small increase of depth and it would he been possible. Maybe this a prime example of form over function!
I do not know for sure, maybe you would need more width and more distance from the 907x body. This would work in a redesigned 907x but not with vintage bodies. Again, I am only speculating.

thesilentman

IBIS for me is the main feature that was missing from the 50C, as it would allow to safely drop the shutter speeds to values that negate LED banding when using adapted lenses.
Maybe they'll figure out how to add it in next iterations.

ramarren

Quote from: mikaelo67 on January 25, 2024, 03:11:22 AM
Is it possible to use the hot shoe adapter on the CFV50C?

Even if it doesn't work as a hot shoe. It would be useful for me as a cold shoe adapter with a cable connected to the back. Since it seems to plug in the same way as the old viewfinder that works physically on the 50C.

As far as I can see, neither the CFV 50c nor CFVII 50c have the removable plate that the CFV 100c has surrounding the base of the back release latch, so you cannot fit the new hot shoe adapter to the older backs. With the 907x/CFVII 50c, you can remove the "Hasselblad" plate on the body (in front of the back release) and fit the cold shoe adapter there for mounting accessory optical finders.

G

tjelt

I was wondering if the lack of IBIS had anything to do with the ability of the CFV back's ability to attach to legacy camera systems.  Just a thought. 

T

Jager

Regarding lack of IBIS...

As a longtime user of the original CFV-50C, I've been pretty much permanently wedded to a tripod when using a 500-series body with the back.

It's early days, but my first quick samples, sans tripod, suggest that the 907x CFV-100C is very hand holdable with its native XCD lenses.  Surely not when the back is attached to a legacy V-camera; or when using legacy glass.  But that the camera can be an effective walkabout tool when schlepping a tripod isn't desired... well, I wasn't really expecting that and it comes as a most welcome surprise.

Confirmation bias kinda comes baked in with any expensive camera purchase, but even with that considered... man, oh man, what a lovely camera this is!

polychloros

Quote from: ramarren on January 29, 2024, 11:17:23 AM
Quote from: mikaelo67 on January 25, 2024, 03:11:22 AM
Is it possible to use the hot shoe adapter on the CFV50C?

Even if it doesn't work as a hot shoe. It would be useful for me as a cold shoe adapter with a cable connected to the back. Since it seems to plug in the same way as the old viewfinder that works physically on the 50C.

As far as I can see, neither the CFV 50c nor CFVII 50c have the removable plate that the CFV 100c has surrounding the base of the back release latch, so you cannot fit the new hot shoe adapter to the older backs. With the 907x/CFVII 50c, you can remove the "Hasselblad" plate on the body (in front of the back release) and fit the cold shoe adapter there for mounting accessory optical finders.

Yes, that is a very good point. Both the new hotshoe adaptor and the new version of the 907x optical viewfinder (with 28, 38 and 55 framelines) are not going to fit the 50c back. The new adapters fit in an entirely different (more robust looking) slot on the digital back itself rather than use the slot behind the removable nameplate on the 907x camera body. I presume that the original optical VF will be discontinued when stocks run out.

Georg Kovalcik

The current viewfinder covers two of my lenses, the new one none. But that´s OK, without a proper parallax correction it is just a cool looking gadget anyway.

ramarren

Quote from: Jager on January 29, 2024, 12:39:13 PM
Regarding lack of IBIS...

As a longtime user of the original CFV-50C, I've been pretty much permanently wedded to a tripod when using a 500-series body with the back.

It's early days, but my first quick samples, sans tripod, suggest that the 907x CFV-100C is very hand holdable with its native XCD lenses.  Surely not when the back is attached to a legacy V-camera; or when using legacy glass.  But that the camera can be an effective walkabout tool when schlepping a tripod isn't desired... well, I wasn't really expecting that and it comes as a most welcome surprise.

Confirmation bias kinda comes baked in with any expensive camera purchase, but even with that considered... man, oh man, what a lovely camera this is!

I have occasionally fitted the CFVII 50c to my 500CM with WL finder, fitted the Distagon 50mm and/or Sonnar 150mm, and gone for a walk with it sans tripod. It's a beefy lot of gear to be schlepping about with, but as long as you take care to focus accurately and follow the rules of engagement to minimize camera shake (50mm exposures @ 1/100 or shorter times, 150mm exposures @ 1/300 or shorter times), it performs quite nicely.

Service Door by Godfrey DiGiorgi, on Flickr
Hasselblad 500CM + Planar 80mm f/2.8
ISO 100 @ f/5.6 @ 1/90 est

G

Ciro Frank Schiappa

Hi to everyone.  I would love to see a rotating Back finally!