907X & CFV 100C - A Trifecta of Imaging Possibilities

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennisarm12

Quote from: pdprinter on January 25, 2024, 05:07:37 AM
... and there is no mentioning if the screen got improved. These are the 2 most important aspects which makes me thinking of upgrading.

What did you expect? The screen specs are the same as for the X2D except the size and noone complains about that one. Did you think they make the screen bigger and thus, the whole digital back? Which would then not fit flush with the V models anymore? That's obviously not going to happen.

SeanRL

The wired shutter release appears in the intro video.

pdprinter

Quote from: Tennisarm12 on January 25, 2024, 09:29:18 AM
Quote from: pdprinter on January 25, 2024, 05:07:37 AM
... and there is no mentioning if the screen got improved. These are the 2 most important aspects which makes me thinking of upgrading.

What did you expect? The screen specs are the same as for the X2D except the size and noone complains about that one. Did you think they make the screen bigger and thus, the whole digital back? Which would then not fit flush with the V models anymore? That's obviously not going to happen.
I am not thinking about size as it obviously restricted by the size of the camera but visibility in bright light which is supposed to be better with the X2D

JCM-Photos

Key features needed for me are missing: IBIS and new in sun readable backscreen
and 100Mpix is not a must for me.

It would be so easy making a non TTL jack adaptor for the hot shoe to fit the 50c
Sharpen your eyes not your files

mar-ko

Quote from: SeanRL on January 25, 2024, 11:15:38 AM
The wired shutter release appears in the intro video.

From the manual (p. 141):
»Release Cord X [...]
The Hasselblad Release Cord X allows for remote shutter control in Electronic Shutter mode on the CFV 100C, helping to eliminate shake or vibration.«

jakontil

Im a bit overthinking, is the LCD of cfv 100c the same like 50c that i could use the same protector screen?

SrMi

Like everyone, I prefer having IBIS in the camera, though it adds a certain level of IQ unpredictability.
However, I am surprised how quickly the photographic community becomes dependent on technological advances (eye detection, automatic subject detection, IBIS, ...) and is not able to shoot with a camera that lacks those.

bags

I think relying on an electronic shutter for non-X lenses without IBIS is a concern.

Do I remember correctly someone saying that the shutter now works at 1/2000 of a second in 14-bit mode?

Tennisarm12

Quote from: jakontil on January 26, 2024, 12:29:59 AM
Im a bit overthinking, is the LCD of cfv 100c the same like 50c that i could use the same protector screen?

yes

vs-foto

Quote from: SrMi on January 26, 2024, 02:29:36 AM
Like everyone, I prefer having IBIS in the camera,

I think it's good, that she doesn't have IBIS.

Jager

My 907x / CFV 100C should be arriving today.

No experience with the previous 50C version of the 907x.  But I have extensive experience with the original CFV-50C back on a 500CM body.  That (original) back is ergonomically quite crude compared to the much more modern 50mp and 100mp CFV versions, of course.  But it has that same lovely 50mp Sony sensor that so many of us fell in love with.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the new 100mp iteration comports itself.

I've shot more with Leica M's than anything else.  A beautiful experience in its own right.  But the most wonderful tactile experience I've ever had across a lifetime of photography is tripping the shutter on a Hasselblad V-camera.  I still get a little endorphin hit every time I press that release. 

My CM500/CFV-50C is mostly married to a tripod.  I quickly found that 50mp back to be a bit more demanding than 120 film.  Still a beautiful experience.

I picked up the 45P XCD lens to go with the 907x part of the equation, just to have something native to work with.  Will be interested in seeing how much off-tripod work that might allow.

vs-foto

Quote from: Jager on January 26, 2024, 10:45:07 PM
My 907x / CFV 100C should be arriving today.

No experience with the previous 50C version of the 907x.  But I have extensive experience with the original CFV-50C back on a 500CM body.  That (original) back is ergonomically quite crude compared to the much more modern 50mp and 100mp CFV versions, of course.  But it has that same lovely 50mp Sony sensor that so many of us fell in love with.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the new 100mp iteration comports itself.

I've shot more with Leica M's than anything else.  A beautiful experience in its own right.  But the most wonderful tactile experience I've ever had across a lifetime of photography is tripping the shutter on a Hasselblad V-camera.  I still get a little endorphin hit every time I press that release. 

My CM500/CFV-50C is mostly married to a tripod.  I quickly found that 50mp back to be a bit more demanding than 120 film.  Still a beautiful experience.

I picked up the 45P XCD lens to go with the 907x part of the equation, just to have something native to work with.  Will be interested in seeing how much off-tripod work that might allow.

agree 100% - thx!

satijntje

Quote from: vs-foto on January 26, 2024, 07:40:34 AM

Why is it good that the back has no IBIS?
I love IBIS on my X2d!

Patrick CM

Quote from: vs-foto on January 26, 2024, 07:40:34 AM

You can always turn IBIS off. Having it then gives you a choice....which is better IMHO than not having a choice.