Godox ad1200 pro

Previous topic - Next topic

Miguelgaa

Hello, just bought my Hasselblad x2d and lens, I'm now looking into lights, does anybody have any experience with the x2d and the Godox ad1200 pro?
If so how was it and which trigger was used?
How was the speed and power when using with the x2d?
Thank you all in advance!!

Pablo14

I haven't tested it massively but the AD1200 pro works flawlessly with the X2D.

I used the Godox X Pro II N (for Nikon pins) remote trigger.

I also tested the Godox remote trigger when paired with the Sekonic L-858D via the Sekonic Godox transmitter (RT-GX), and it all worked as well flawlessly.

Enjoy and happy shoots!

EdwardWeston

I'm using the Nikon Pro controller and the AD1200. I've also tested with the V1 - both my controller and the V1 required a firmware update to fully work. Its not hard to do but not explained or detailed out by Godox or Flashpoint in an easy to understand manner (there are different programs you need for the different model devices and different firmware's - the process is a bit of a pain. I've upgraded firmware on many cameras and devices and Godox/Flashpoint are on the most frustrating experiences.) But I've had both units before the X2D release.

The X2D worked so so with the Xpro and mainly the V1 (its the one I had more time to test first) but would miss-fire every few frames (after updating firmware no issues).

The AD1200 has a decent flash sync speed even at full power. I believe its rated at 1/800th of a second at full power. It gets faster as the power is reduced.

Ralf

Does TTL also work after the updates?

EdwardWeston

I dont think so. I tested it at some point and the results were not consistent. I don't really use TTL as I do setup portrait work mostly so typically on manual.

Ralf

My experience so far is that my Godox flashes with the X2D only flash manually via the X-Pro n.  If I set TTL on the X-Pro, nothing works.  Then I'd rather forego the confusing firmware updates as long as manual flash works.  I now have a little Profoto as a "small cutlery" for on the go.  There is also wireless TTL.