Battery Chargers For X system Cameras - Hasselblad or Nitecore

Previous topic - Next topic

pflower

I sold my X1D including its charger and bought the X2D.  I have to say that I am disappointed with the fact that despite its cost the X2D came with no external battery charger.  Whilst I imagine that there are those who consider the ability to charge the X2D via USBC directly is a bonus, it seems to me to be a backward step.

I am about to go to India for 4 weeks.  From previous trips I can easily exhaust 2 and even 3 batteries (both the original X1Ds and the newer X2Ds) in a single day.  Trying to re charge 2 or 3 batteries over night via a USBC cable attached to the camera is not really feasible. The original X1D came with a single charger, so I could charge one battery over dinner, another over night and the last one over breakfast.  But now there only seem to be 2 options - Hasselblad's dual charger or Nitecore's charger.  There is a £50 difference between the 2 (which is not much given the cost of the camera and lenses) but £50 goes a long way in India and I really don't need it in the UK. So any thoughts on whether the Nitecore is worthwhile or should I go with the Hasselblad.

Thanks

o2mpx

Have the HB dual charger and worked well. It generates a periodically beeping tone once battery is charged which some may find it to be an issue if charging is done while sleeping.

Charger is metal vs nitecore is likely plastic. Have nitecore for leica batteries and they worked well also. The HB is better made in comparison.

jakontil

Seems the HB dual charge both batteries simultaneously while nitecore seems to charge in sequence 

But i might be wrong, i chose the hb dual route though

JCM-Photos

Sharpen your eyes not your files

Patrick CM