Novoflex HAX/LEM Adapter on X2D

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikarus

Anyone using this adapter successfully on their X2D?

My X2D arrived today, and I just tried it with the adapter and my 50 Summilux-M ASPH, and got "No lens detected"

I attached the adapter to the lens (as described in te Novoflex instructions), attached it to the X2D and turned the camera on - no dice.

Is this a firmware issue?  Is there a setting I've missed?  Or do I have a faulty camera?

Edit - Dimwit!  Note to others, you have to turn on the electronic shutter!

The results of my brief test:

- 75 Summilux-M - usable, with some vignetting in the extreme corners

- 50 Summilux-M ASPH - the best result

- 21 Summilux-M ASPH - unusable, except with 6x6 crop, which leaves some vignetting.

I'll test the others and post the results for anyone interested.

glaiben

When I get this, it is inevitably related to the fact I forgot to change to the electronic shutter in the menu.

...gregg

marcwick

I have the same adapter and use my Leica lenses a lot. My killer combi is the Noctilux 0.95/50 with the X2D. Focussing is much more easier in comparison to my M10 (also with Visoflex). Also the 2/90 works very well. You will love the results with these combinations

satijntje

Quote from: marcwick on September 20, 2023, 07:58:03 PM
I have the same adapter and use my Leica lenses a lot. My killer combi is the Noctilux 0.95/50 with the X2D. Focussing is much more easier in comparison to my M10 (also with Visoflex). Also the 2/90 works very well. You will love the results with these combinations

I think, tonight I am going to search for my adapter in my Adapter box and will try the 50mm APO Summicron on X2D :-)
Curious to find out the amount of vignetting

Ikarus

Quote from: marcwick on September 20, 2023, 07:58:03 PM

Took some test shots today (I'm housebound with stitches in my foot) with the 50 Noctilux 0.95.  It is very nice, with some obstruction in the corners, easily cropped out.  Nicer than the 75 Summilux, on first impressions.