Hasselblad XCD 38V Lens - has anyone managed to buy one?

Previous topic - Next topic

Larsb

Has anyone managed to buy this lens?    I ordered one from B&H, and it is getting constantly delayed.  7 to 14 days turned into the end of June, which then got delayed until the end of July, and now has been delayed until August. 

Update to this is that I cancelled my B&H order, and managed to order one locally here in Sydney.   Definitely looking forward to receiving this lens and to start using it
Software Engineer and long time passionate Photographer

FloridaSnook

I received an email alert this past Tuesday from my watch list at Adorama that the 38V was in stock. I immediately stopped what I was doing and logged in and made the purchase. The lens arrived Friday. I have the 55V and 90V on the watch list at Adorama and B&H as well!
Michael Crapps
Plant City, Florida  USA
X2D 100C  |  XCD 2,5/25V  |  XCD 2,5/38V  |  XCD 2,5/55V  |  XCD 2,5/90V
Nikon Z9, D850, and multiple Nikkor lenses
www.michaelcrapps.com

Faithwell

Ordered mine through B&H in Apr & arrived in June. Still waiting for my Hasselblad UV filter.

Andy Miller Photo UK

Photon42

Quote from: Larsb on July 01, 2023, 11:20:32 AM
Has anyone managed to buy this lens?    I ordered one from B&H, and it is getting constantly delayed.  7 to 14 days turned into the end of June, which then got delayed until the end of July, and now has been delayed until August. 

Update to this is that I cancelled my B&H order, and managed to order one locally here in Sydney.   Definitely looking forward to receiving this lens and to start using it

Yes, in Sep 2022. No issues. They had several available back then.

fcarucci

flash

MarkN

The Hasselblad online store shows the 38V in stock with "Shipment within 1 working days after payment confirmation".

paratom

I have had mine for a couple of months now and recently also received a 55. both from local store here in Germany, but I waited for weeks and months.  I love the new lenses, quiet, small, and the focal lengths work very well for me.

Larsb

Thanks all for your replies.  I received my 38V this morning and it was everything I was hoping for.  The build quality and presentation matches the price and it is a beautiful lens.  I will be adding to my small collection of Hasselblad lenses (4 so far - 2 for the X2D, and 2 for my older XPan), when the 90V becomes available in AU, and then some future V lens that is wider than the 38mm.

Peter Hill

I am only replying now because I am in Sydney too. I bought the 38mm from Camera Pro in March. They had it in stock. But they didn't have the X2D. That I got from George's Cameras. They didn't have the 38mm though. And currently neither store has any batteries!

Larsb

Hi Peter, thanks and I think we had a similar, though reversed experience.  I got the X2D from Camera Pro in May (appears to have been the last one on sale in AU), then I got the 38mm V lens last week from Georges.   I can't see any Hasselblad X-series related things in stock now (other than the external charger at Georges).  I'm hoping that the new distributor arrangement in Australia will be sorted out soon

mikeinpa

I picked up my 38V from Allen's Camera in Levittown Pennsylvania this morning. Can't wait to try it for a bit of Astro photography.

flash

Quote from: Peter Hill on July 10, 2023, 12:53:24 PM
I am only replying now because I am in Sydney too. I bought the 38mm from Camera Pro in March. They had it in stock. But they didn't have the X2D. That I got from George's Cameras. They didn't have the 38mm though. And currently neither store has any batteries!

A power bank and short USBC cable will reduce the need for extra batteries, until stock arrives, eventually.

Gordon

MarkN

A friend of mine in Canada ordered the 38V on 28 June from the Hasselblad online store, and it was delivered to him from the US on July 11, 2023.