Hasselblad XCD 38V Lens - has anyone managed to buy one?

Previous topic - Next topic

jcheld

I ordered the 38 directly from Hasselblad. Still shows in Stock. I am in the U.S. Just ordered a 55 today and it will ship immediately according to Hasselblad.

mkerouac

I ordered one from an online retailer about two weeks ago.  It showed as in stock.  It arrived the next day.  As soon as I bought mine, the status again changed to backordered.  So I was lucky.

Larsb

It's great that the 38 is starting to become more available and I am very much enjoying using mine.  I also found the suggestion from "flash" above to use a power bank with USB cable to be very useful.  A singe battery does not last a full day of shooting and often, I had to use the power bank in the afternoon, although, I found a slightly longer cable allow me to keep the power bank in my coat pocket while I continued to use the camera.  I am now considering what my next lens purchase should be.   I'm considering the XCD 30mm f/3.5, or possible an adapted fast 50 for low light shots
Software Engineer and long time passionate Photographer

Ralf

The AF, even the "AF-D Button" AF does not work in the MF position of the AF ring.  But you can focus manually in the AF position of the AF ring.