Success: Latest Firmware 19.0.0+ for the HC 80 2.8 Orange Lens to Use on X1D2

Previous topic - Next topic

rollsman

I want to use the New HC Orange Dot lens on my X1D2. What has to be updated?   The X1D2 or The HC 80 Orange Lens?
  Also, can you explain the process of updated it.  Thank you

See Images attached:   I cant seem to do such an EASY application.  Let me know what I am doing wrong

DONE
Dennis mansour

Ralf Mueller

The firmware is available here: https://www.hasselblad.com/my-hasselblad/downloads/#84 The latest version is 19.1.0
There is a README you can download with the firmware also that explains the installation process which is fairly simple. Copy the .CIM file to the SD Card and insert in the camera. Attach the HC lens to the camera then turn on the camera. From the General Settings menu, choose 'Check for Update' and select the .cim file (HC-Lens_v19_1_0.cim) and follow the menu.

Regards, Ralf

rollsman

Hi Ralf. thank you soooooo much.  I just have to buy the adaptor for the XH so I can attach the lens to the X body and then download the firmware and update it.  Thank you again.  Dennis

Can I update the lens on the H5D-40 camera or do I have to do it on the X1D2
Dennis mansour

Ralf Mueller

Oh if you have a H you can of course update on the H as well (the natural home for HC glass anyway)

Just doing the upgrade here also but non of my lenses except the orange dot HC 100/2.2 seems to accept 19.1.0 lens firmware, not even the HC 50 II and HC 120 Macro II.

Regards,
Ralf

rollsman

Hi Ralph, maybe only certain lenses qualify.   My question : Download the Latest firmware and use my CF card then install the CF in my H5D-40 and go from there.??   TY
Dennis mansour

Ralf Mueller

Hi Dennis,

yes, copy the firmware file (ending with .cim) to the CF card, put the CF card in the camera, attach the lens you'd like to upgrade to the camera, turn on camera, go to Settings -> Check for Update. The file name should show up, confirm with 'Update' and wait for the upgrade to finish. Menu on H5D might be slightly different.

Most of my HC/HCD lenses are a bit older and don't seem to have sufficient internal memory for 19.x version of the firmware. My only orange dot lens is the HC 2.2/100 which I successfully upgraded to 19.1.0 today

Regards,
Ralf

rollsman

Dennis mansour

rollsman

I cant get the camera to update the Latest Firmware. I cant figure it out.  Appreciate any help    Thanks
   I am using a PC
Dennis mansour

Ralf Mueller

Hi Dennis,

I never put the firmware file in the DCIM folder, just put it in the root folder (e:\HC-lens_v19_1_0.cim) and try again.

Regards,
Ralf

rollsman

Dennis mansour

rollsman

OK I did it below or outside the DCIM Folder.  I inserted the CF and went to settings>Service> firmware update and I get the Message : HC-Len1.CIM  +- and below this Please attach firewire cable
  Its the First picture in this post
Dennis mansour

rollsman

Hi Patrick, thank you for your help.  I am doing this on my H5D-40 so I can use this OD lens on my X1D2 with AF
  When I get to that menu it does not allow me to chose.
   Should I try this on my X1D2 with the adaptor( HX) and try that?
   Very frustrating for such a simple thing. TY Dennis
Dennis mansour

rollsman

Hi Patrick, I have to take my son to the DR so I will be back in a few hours.  Then I will it with the X1D2 and see    Thanks again

DONE
Dennis mansour

rollsman

Hi Everyone.  Thank you all for your help.   I was able to do it on my X1D2 camera with the XH adaptor and OD lens. AF is Perfect.  TY again   Dennis
Dennis mansour

JCM-Photos

And don't forget that in Phocus you will have automatic optical corrections with the orange dot H lens
Sharpen your eyes not your files