Wired Remote for X2D

Previous topic - Next topic

marcwilson

Can I suggest anyone who sees this as an issue send a polite email to Hasselblad and ask about the physical remote release option, if and when one is due and the importance of it...from my experience an email will mean it will be put to the R&D department. It does not mean it will change immediately but it can not hurt for the desire for this to be seen.

Marc

Faithwell

Just received feedback from Hasselblad today that the R&D team will not be releasing the USB-C input for the shutter release cable of the X2D in the near future. However, am advised to stay tuned to their official website for latest updates. A typical response from Hasselblad not to pin any high hopes but at the same time may surprise us in the long term, few weeks, months or probably latest a year. 

Ralf

that was probably it for now  :(

"Dear Ralf,

Thank you for contacting Hasselblad customer support.

I am sorry to inform you that although the X2D has a USB-C input on its body, but I had feedback from the R&D team to confirm that we will not release the USB-C input shutter cable in the short term.Your requirement is reported to the designated department and please stay tuned to our official website for the latest updates.

Meanwhile we do recommend you to use the phocus mobile 2 to connect with your X2D to accomplish remote shooting.

Please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
The Hasselblad Support Team"

Georg Kovalcik

Ok, this would leave Bluetooth as an option for a remote. Or a small Android app (does not need to be phocus mobile 2, just a remote trigger would be sufficient). I do not want to be forced to buy an iPhone just for having a remote for X2D.

Paul2660

It's too bad Miops can't make an adapter for the X2D, however if the USB-C port can't control the shutter, then I guess nothing will work. 

As a shooter for 40 years, all I can say is what an oversight by a company.  Jumping to the same solution, iPhone/phocus, wifi etc. Sure it's great to have it, but it's not a perfect solution many times and a cabled release can just be so simple. 

Paul

marcwilson

Quote from: Paul2660 on April 12, 2024, 04:15:56 AMAs a shooter for 40 years, all I can say is what an oversight by a company.  Jumping to the same solution, iPhone/phocus, wifi etc. Sure it's great to have it, but it's not a perfect solution many times and a cabled release can just be so simple. 

Paul

Yes it's crazy and really unprofessional. It's the only thing that is stopping me investing further in the system, as it does not bode well for the future.