• Dual charging hub doesn't "beep" anymore when full charged

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitric

Hello -

Since a couple of weeks now, my dual charging hub doesn't beep anymore when the battery(ies) are fully charged.
Do you know why? How can I fix it this?

Thank you for your upcoming suggestions, have a good day.

- Dimitri

disposable@tx.rr.com

From the included instructions:

Function Button
Press once to check the battery power level. Press and hold for around 5 seconds to
turn the buzzer on/off (After a long press, a double beep means the buzzer has been
successfully turned on while a short beep means it has been turned off). The buzzer is
turned off by default.

In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't read them either. :)   I wasn't even aware that it had a beep :)

EDIT:
Out of curiosity I tried to turn the beep on.  After a LONG press, I still heard no beep.
Fooling around with the thing further, I discovered that if I held the speaker into direct contact with my ear and pressed the button, I could BARELY hear a beep.  I have a high frequency hearing loss from gunfire so that may be the problem :)

spb-ch

"I wasn't even aware that it had a beep " - neither did I, I just go by lights. When all lit and steady it's done, beep not needed or missed.

Dimitric

Hello...

Thank you very much Postnobills   ;)
Enjoy your day.

- Dimitri

BillW

Another the was not aware there was a beep and there is no way I could hear it. I have had hearing loss for 20 years and even with hearing aids I doubt I could. I can barely her the wife....! ;D
Thanks
Bill

disposable@tx.rr.com

Quote from: BillW on October 11, 2020, 02:25:53 AM
I have had hearing loss for 20 years ................ I can barely her the wife....! ;D

In the computer world, I suspect this may be what is known and an undocumented feature :)

Vieri

Quote from: postnobills on October 10, 2020, 04:04:13 AM
From the included instructions:

Function Button
Press once to check the battery power level. Press and hold for around 5 seconds to
turn the buzzer on/off (After a long press, a double beep means the buzzer has been
successfully turned on while a short beep means it has been turned off). The buzzer is
turned off by default.

In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't read them either. :)   I wasn't even aware that it had a beep :)

EDIT:
Out of curiosity I tried to turn the beep on.  After a LONG press, I still heard no beep.
Fooling around with the thing further, I discovered that if I held the speaker into direct contact with my ear and pressed the button, I could BARELY hear a beep.  I have a high frequency hearing loss from gunfire so that may be the problem :)

Same here :) Even though I read the instructions when I first got the charger, my beep was off and I immediately forgot about it - to be honest, if I heard it, I would have switched it off anyway :D Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters and NYA-EVO bags | ABIPP
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/