Posting images taken with the 907X

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunil Mehta

Any chance the moderator could start a thread for posting images taken with the 907X CFV50? Would love to see what folks have done with this camera while I wait for my 907X to show up.
Sunil

Bashir Lunat

Quote from: Sunil Mehta on September 03, 2020, 05:30:17 AM
Any chance the moderator could start a thread for posting images taken with the 907X CFV50? Would love to see what folks have done with this camera while I wait for my 907X to show up.
This is a good enough thread for 907X photos. Lookig forward to see.

meerec

@braver
1/ lots of ugly purple fringing in both images
2/ Can you post smaller images in the future, difficult to view

-meerec

ramarren

Yes, please post photos at somewhere around 1600 pixels on the long dimension maximum. All that larger posts do is slow down the system and make it difficult to see the photograph.

I have a healthy number of 907x images posted to this album on Flickr.com: https://www.flickr.com/gp/gdgphoto/6X8t0G
I can link selected ones to this thread if you want to see them. :D

G

spb-ch

Some nice pictures there. Are you happy with the M-Lenses on the 907X, the camera looks good with them attached.

Sunil Mehta

Quote from: ramarren on September 04, 2020, 02:46:16 AM
Yes, please post photos at somewhere around 1600 pixels on the long dimension maximum. All that larger posts do is slow down the system and make it difficult to see the photograph.

I have a healthy number of 907x images posted to this album on Flickr.com: https://www.flickr.com/gp/gdgphoto/6X8t0G
I can link selected ones to this thread if you want to see them. :D

G

Yes, please do.
Sunil

JCM-Photos

Quote from: meerec on September 04, 2020, 02:04:38 AM
@braver
1/ lots of ugly purple fringing in both images
2/ Can you post smaller images in the future, difficult to view
Pictures have to be processed in Hasselblad Phocus that has optical corrections for Zeiss V-lenses and  removes aberrations.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

ramarren

Quote from: spb-ch on September 04, 2020, 04:03:25 AM
Some nice pictures there. Are you happy with the M-Lenses on the 907X, the camera looks good with them attached.

I haven't used them too much other than for testing so far. They work reasonably well for focal lengths that I don't have in either XCD or V system lenses, and for macro/copy work (I've probably used the Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm the most of the Leica lenses on the 907x body). The XCD 45 and 21 really do cover a huge amount of what I've been shooting with this camera, and switching in the Planar 80 and Makro-Planar 120 from the V system covers most of the rest of the ground for me.

I have a good number of photos that I haven't quite finished just yet. I'll get to some of them tomorrow. :)

G

spb-ch

Thanks, oh yes I had not thought of that. Macro/copy work - makes sense as those 'R' macro lenses were v. good.

sailronin

Bashir Lunat

907x with 24mm Elmar M on Fotodiox adapter
[/quote]
David, really a nice image and I noticed you used 24mm Elmarit. Did it cover the full sensor?  Whatever but the result seems exciting.

sailronin

Hi Bashir,
This was shot in square crop in the 907x. The 24 Elmar will not cover the entire sensor; the 90mm Summicron seems to cover the sensor however the vignetting is very strong so again I shot that in square crop and the image is usable.

Here is a test shot with the 24 Elmar with no crop in the 907x.

Here is a test shot with 90mm Summicron from the same location.

Bashir Lunat

Hi, thanks again for showing full image.
PS: There was a "thanks" button to appriciate posts but I dont see it anymore.

ramarren

I haven't been out shooting for a bit since I'm recovering from some shoulder surgery, but I do have a number of 907x photos yet to finish rendering and posting. I picked these four out of my 'walks' as being reasonably compatible in aesthetic to post together.

Palm Tree & Shrub by Hotel Windows - Santa Clara 2020
Hasselblad 907x + XCD 45P f/4

Faux Arches - Santa Clara 2020

Porch & Sitting Bench - Santa Clara 2020

Gutter Drain Against Electricals - Santa Clara 2020

1024x1024 pixel images posted here. Click through to Flickr on any of the photos to access up to a half-rez version.

enjoy!
G

sailronin