• X1D + Leica "M" lens adaptator, which one?

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitric

Hello -

I was wondering if there was a difference between the three adapters:

• Kipon (one of the first on the market I think),
  • Novoflex,
  • Fotodiox.

Does one offer something more than the other does not?
Thank you, regards,

- Dimitri

Gravastar

Hi,

Although I don't have experience of specific Leica M to X1D adaptors I have used various adaptors by all 3. In general I've found Novoflex to be outstanding in mechanical accuracy and finish. In addition mating surfaces seem to have a finish that is self lubricating giving smooth mounting and removal. I have a Novoflex Leica R to Fuji GFX and Kipon Leica R to X1D that have similar surface finishes and are excellent.

Bob.

sanglier

Hello, I have the adapter Nipon. It works well, but I find that the machining itches a little(google traduction) . If I had to do it again, I would rather take photodiox, (I have an macroring from them) and the quality is top.
That said, for me, putting M  optics on the Hasselbald has no interest. I can develop if necessary.
I hope it helps you

Vieri

Hello Dimitri,

I got the Novoflex and have been very happy with it. I used both Kipon and Fotodiox in the past (not with the X1D), and I think that while they are all good the Novoflex is the best build and the one with less plays out of the three brands - at least, this has been my experience with the adapters I tried so far. Note that I am only talking about mechanic-only, non-electronic adapters here. Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters and NYA-EVO bags | ABIPP
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/

Dimitric

Hi guys -

Thank you for your feedback to everyone...  :)
I actually have the Kipon adapter, which works very well with the latest Voiglander 15mm/10mm.
I was just wondering if one or the other offered something more (electronic support, ...)
Even a better management of the vignetting (for one reason or another ;-)

Thanks again.

- Dimitri