If you want Camera RAW and Lightroom to support the Crop Modes please read

Previous topic - Next topic

Muri

Hi all,

I have approached Adobe on adding those Crop Modes that are sadly missing when importing files into Lightroom.

If you want this happen I would like to ask you to follow / support this request here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/hasselblad-x1d-crop-mode-support

FirstLights

Hmmm - why do I want to crop and loose a lot of Pixels?
If I want a different Format then I do a pano with 2-3 pics and combine them in LR ...
FirstLights
Visit me at www.500px.com/firstlights

Big_g

I never understood why Hasselblad introduced this feature. Leica have a similar thing on the Q which I could never imagine using. Surely it is easier to crop the images when you import them then you can use as many or as few of the beautiful pixels as you choose.

If you particularly like to use a certain crop ratio it is very easy to set up in LR.

wild-light-xpan

An excellent idea and something that I would really like to see Adobe support and ultimately implemented within Lightroom.

I for one will definitely support this, fingers crossed they go for it.

dancook

Quote from: FirstLights on February 28, 2020, 06:29:27 AM
If I want a different Format then I do a pano with 2-3 pics and combine them in LR ...

I took a series of XPAN crop photos using the X1D II, the xpan mode allowed me to compose the scene for the wide ratio. I could not simply combine 2-3 images to form a pano

Annoyingly Lightroom does not remember the crop I chose and showed the full image, and I had to reapply it

X1D II - XPAN London by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

X1D II - XPAN by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

Quote from: Big_g on February 28, 2020, 09:48:24 AM
I never understood why Hasselblad introduced this feature. Leica have a similar thing on the Q which I could never imagine using. Surely it is easier to crop the images when you import them then you can use as many or as few of the beautiful pixels as you choose.

If you particularly like to use a certain crop ratio it is very easy to set up in LR.

I use the Leica Q2 crop modes often for live music, the crop modes allows you to compose the image using 35mm and 50mm crop lines.

When I import to Lightroom I get all the 28/35/50mm crops shown - if this didn't happen they would all be 28mm and I'd have no idea what I intended at the time - it would be very time consuming to work it out.

------

With either the Leica Q2 and Hasselblad X1D II cameras, the crop modes are 'SOFT CROPS' the full sensor raw data is still available to go back to after the image is taken.

Vieri

While I don't personally use the crop modes, I certainly support the request - it would be great if Adobe honoured these in-camera settings when importing X1D files :)

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters and NYA-EVO bags | ABIPP
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/

sepiareverb

Excellent. I find cropping in camera much better, especially with squares. No guesswork on what fits in said square, or in a 4x5 crop for that matter, another favorite one of mine. I use Phocus solely for the crop. I import the images from the card and immediately export them as tiffs for making adjustments in Photoshop and Camera Raw. I will sign on to the thread!

I have recently learned that the SL2 has in camera squares, but the Q2 still doesn't. I've asked Leica to consider adding that to the next Q firmware update.

sanglier

Personally, I shoot exclusively in 2 * 3 to mix the images in slide shows with those taken  with the Nikon. But I appreciate in Ligitroom to have the uncropped file.
This allows more flexibility if i have to refine the framing.

(Google traduction)

JCM-Photos

When you open a croped image file in Phocus, it still remains possible to refine the framing. Full 33x44 sensor datas remains in the file, in camera cropping is only a positionned cropping frame that is recorded file, it can be further refined, modified or removed.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

SrMi

Quote from: FirstLights on February 28, 2020, 06:29:27 AM

No pixels are lost when using the crop mask.

SrMi

Quote from: Big_g on February 28, 2020, 09:48:24 AM

Having an active crop mask in viewfinder helps with framing.