Selling the site?

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Just wanted you all to know that I have been approached by someone wanting to buy this site.

I am a long way from making any decisions on this but I have been less focussed on this site for a few years now and mostly just maintaining it for the benefit of members so maybe it is time for a change?

Let me know your thoughts.

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Dustbak

As long as you promise not to go anywhere else I would suggest taking the money and enjoy it ;)

Charles S

I'll speak for myself as a forum member: My hesitation would be about who is this person; is this just to plaster the site with ads or is there investment into it. The unhappy analogies woul dbe Flickr and photo.net. Both were great resources, and then it moved from passion to ROI thinking and they both suffered.

Paul Fawley

your site buddy, fine by me.
If I never see a roll of film again it will be too soon!

satijntje

I hope it will be still independent from the Hasselblad company!
I see the same on facebook, 2 groups on X1D, one managed by HB, only by a few HB enthusiastics (including myself).
The postings in the group that is managed by Hasselblad have to be approved prior to posting.
In the independent group, the mods only keep en eye on proper behavior.
But in principle, why not earn some €€€  to buy new Hasselblad gear ;-)
Just my 2 ct
John

bodtlaender

Someone, who wants to give money for it wants to make money from it.

He might think something like: expensive gear, wealthy people.

Luminous Landscape was dead from the moment they charged members for posting there with a monthly fee.

Best,

Bernd

DenisM

You say you've been less focused on the site for a while.

If you're not committed, take the money.

D.

Greg

What you have done with website is above and beyond the call of duty, and it is is appreciated by all of us.  I know it does cost you money, and it must have cost you a lot over the years you have done this.  However, many of us are a little selfish in wanting to keep it as it is, since it is very friendly, and we are not overwhelmed with advertisements.  But, it is YOUR site and whatever you choose to do with it is perfectly all right with me.

Thanks Nick.

Greg

NickT

Quote from: Dustbak on September 23, 2019, 06:19:24 PM
As long as you promise not to go anywhere else I would suggest taking the money and enjoy it ;)

Thanks Ray.

NickT

Quote from: Charles S on September 23, 2019, 07:01:33 PM
I'll speak for myself as a forum member: My hesitation would be about who is this person; is this just to plaster the site with ads or is there investment into it. The unhappy analogies woul dbe Flickr and photo.net. Both were great resources, and then it moved from passion to ROI thinking and they both suffered.

Understood Charles I'm very much aware of that scenario.

NickT

Quote from: Paul Fawley on September 23, 2019, 07:46:43 PM
your site buddy, fine by me.

Thank you Fawley, you must be one of the very first members of Flexframe

NickT

Quote from: satijntje on September 23, 2019, 10:04:27 PM
I hope it will be still independent from the Hasselblad company!
I see the same on facebook, 2 groups on X1D, one managed by HB, only by a few HB enthusiastics (including myself).
The postings in the group that is managed by Hasselblad have to be approved prior to posting.
In the independent group, the mods only keep en eye on proper behavior.
But in principle, why not earn some €€€  to buy new Hasselblad gear ;-)
Just my 2 ct
John
Thank you John.

NickT

Quote from: bodtlaender on September 24, 2019, 01:21:33 AM
Someone, who wants to give money for it wants to make money from it.

He might think something like: expensive gear, wealthy people.

Luminous Landscape was dead from the moment they charged members for posting there with a monthly fee.

Best,

Bernd

Understood Bernd

Ralf Mueller

Dear Nick,

it is your web site, so your decision. Thanks for keeping the site up and running for so many years, its an invaluable resource for HB stuff and the
attitude of the forum members genuinely friendly which I really like and appreciate. So up to you, whatever you decide is fine with me.

Cheers,
Ralf

NickT

Quote from: Greg on September 24, 2019, 05:02:25 AM
What you have done with website is above and beyond the call of duty, and it is is appreciated by all of us.  I know it does cost you money, and it must have cost you a lot over the years you have done this.  However, many of us are a little selfish in wanting to keep it as it is, since it is very friendly, and we are not overwhelmed with advertisements.  But, it is YOUR site and whatever you choose to do with it is perfectly all right with me.

Thanks Nick.

Greg
Thanks Greg that's very kind of you to say.