Selling the site?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucand

Dear group, I have really used it a little, but it is like a good friend, that when you need it I was always there. It's your decision and I understand that money always comes in handy.
I wish you the best

BR

Andrés

robbegibson

The best of luck to you whichever direction you choose.

I give you A lot of credit for even putting the question out there.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Robbe

Kurt R

Hi Nick,

You've devoted a great deal of time and effort into this excellent resource but if it's no longer a priority you should take the money.  I will miss the ad free environment and your timely answers but nothing is forever.  Thanks for all your hard work.

Best regards,

Kurt

jerome_m

jhasselblad

Thank you very much for your longterm engagement!! I hope you can find a serious buyer. Generally I think that all users are also responsible for an interesting forum with their serious inputs. God luck!  :)

Hassilistic

Hey Nick,  If you need any help with negotiating a better deal, T&C, IP, Branding Rights, Asset Liquidation, Shares Dilution, Right of Refusal, or any other matter, please hit me in the DMs.

I still come here because of how you always made us feel, welcome, supported and part of the family.

Cheers a million mate!

NickT

Quote from: Hassilistic on September 29, 2019, 07:52:40 PM
Hey Nick,  If you need any help with negotiating a better deal, T&C, IP, Branding Rights, Asset Liquidation, Shares Dilution, Right of Refusal, or any other matter, please hit me in the DMs.

I still come here because of how you always made us feel, welcome, supported and part of the family.

Cheers a million mate!

Hey thanks very much!
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

PatRat

Nick,

I am relatively new to this site and I appreciate the kind atmosphere and the helpful information one can find. I highly appreciate that you ask the members about their opinion on the matter and your time and effort devoted to the site. I would regret if the site changes its style if you sell it. But I would totally understand if you take the hopefully good opportunity. Do you consider as an alternative to make it a paid site?
All the best with your decision.
Patrick

NickT

Vieri

Hey Nick,

thank you for letting us know! Whatever you decide, let me take the chance to thank you for all the time & effort you put into the forum. I have been reading it for a long time, before becoming a member once I got the X1D, and I can confirm what others have said - great job! :)

I am sorry to hear that your heart isn't in this anymore, and I hope you'll change your mind about it and find some new energy to keep managing and growing the site. That said, whatever you decide is fine by me - let me wish you all the best and thank you for all you have done here! :)

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters and NYA-EVO bags | ABIPP
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/

NickDunmur

As Paul (Fawley), and several others have said, it's your site so thanks for asking, but I (personally) don't feel we could object on any grounds (short of flogging all that juicy personal data you have on us! ;D). It seems quieter these days anyway, since the days of us beta-testing the kit have pretty much gone ;).

Thanks for all your efforts in keeping it together thus far. Very much appreciated and collectively, we, have probably not said that enough.

Nick D
Nick Dunmur — photographer
Nottingham, UK
+44 844 5855505

NickT

satijntje

So what happened in the end? Was the site sold or not??

NickT

Hi Thanks for asking. No nothing has changed the prospective buyer could not make it work at their end. There is someone else making enquiries but it's early days.

mikaelo67

Hey Nick.

I'm one of the newer members on your site. Love it btw.

I just had a thought. I can understand that selling the site could be interesting. But in the meantime. Why don't you set up a small shop inside the site for Hasselblad users. Sell small stuff like adapters for lenses, the new focus screens that are available for V bodies, and maybe even some lenses from 7Artisan or similar. Im sure there are tons of ideas better than these, but its a start. Nothing expensive and more or less as an added value to the site. Similar to what they have on: leicarumors.com/store/

This way, you could earn some money, create some revenue and maybe make the site even more interesting to any potential buyers out there.

Just my two cents.

Take care
Mikael