Hasselblad note on SD cards to use with X1DII

Previous topic - Next topic

pn10

Hi this may be of interest to those who like me are using the first X1D MkII cameras.

best wishes!

Pierluigi

Dear Partner,

In order to guarantee the best possible X1D II 50C user experience, end users must additionally purchase SD cards in order to start using the camera immediately. For optimal image capture, the following SD memory cards are currently recommended to use:

Sandisk Extreme PRO UHS-II 300MB/s
Panasonic V90 UHS-II 280MB/s
Toshiba EXCERIA PRO UHS-II 270MB/s
SONY M UHS-II 260MB/s

Note: Avoid using Micro SD/TF memory cards with SD card sets. Some Sony high-speed G UHS-II SD 300MB/s memory cards might have poor compatibility, and therefore, might not be able to write image data properly. To avoid this, it is recommended to use the recommended SD memory cards, as listed above, to ensure the image data security.

We are currently testing other cards and will update you with further information when available. Please inform all X1D II customers about this and contact your Hasselblad Sales Representative if you have any questions.

hcubell

Great. I purchased some Sony G UHS-II SD Cards several weeks ago to use in my X1D II. They worked fine in my X1D I.

Derek Lau

I am using two Sony Tough G 128GB SD cards in my MkII without any issues so far, fingers crossed, hope I haven't jinxed myself.

braver

BillW

The higher speed cards are pretty expensive. I guess there is no issue with the older UHS-I cards. The Sandisk 128gig are only $39.95 at B&H.
Thanks
Bill

Geruvah

I have the Lexar 2000x and the Sandisk Extreme Pro in the camera.

Surprisingly, the Sandisk is almost never reading in the camera, but definitely reading in my computer when I connect it.

fotophil

Do the X1D-1 and X!D-2 Cameras both support the SD-II cards with tow rows of electrical contacts?

SrMi

Quote from: fotophil on September 25, 2019, 12:02:31 PM
Do the X1D-1 and X!D-2 Cameras both support the SD-II cards with tow rows of electrical contacts?

Only X1D II 50C supports UHS-II.

Since UHS-II is backward compatible you can use a UHS-II card in the mark I but the card will work only as fast as a UHS-I card.

braver

I found that Lexar 1000x cards work fine.  Once in a 100 shots you'll get a slow card warning, but overall they are fine.  I like that since each firs about 300 shots, a good unit, and I use all cards as a negative, write once, lock and store after ingestion.  So they are cheaper to buy in bulk.

a friedrich

Also Lexar Professional UHS-II 2000x work fine so far...

Bob Andersson

I'm running a pair of 128 GB Sandisk Extreme PRO UHS-II 300MB/s cards (Backup mode) without issue.

Derek Lau

I am having issues with Lexar 1000x 128GB 150MB/s cards. After about 50 frames, the camera reports it cannot access storage and require a restart. This is consistent across 4x cards.

SrMi

Quote from: Derek Lau on October 05, 2019, 01:12:08 AM
I am having issues with Lexar 1000x 128GB 150MB/s cards. After about 50 frames, the camera reports it cannot access storage and require a restart. This is consistent across 4x cards.

Is this with X1D or X1DII? Your signature says that your X1DII is on order.

Derek Lau

With the X1D II, forgot your change my profile.

Vieri

Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB UHS-I cards work just fine :)

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters and NYA-EVO bags | ABIPP
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/