Hasselblad note on SD cards to use with X1DII

Previous topic - Next topic

raffa

while waiting for my X1D-II to arrive, I have two questions:

- anyone tried Angelbird V60 or V90 SD cards with the X1D-II? I'm a pro videographer and I rely on that brand for my storage (SSDs, Cfast, etc.) but I was wondering for this camera if everything is ok
- how many raw photos fit approximately in a 64 and in a 128 GB card? just a ballpark number..

thanks!

gavinsan

This is an old thread, but I'm just leaving it here that Lexar 2000x SD Cards give me issues on an X1D II as well. It sometimes shows the "cannot access storage" error, needing a restart to fix it. But also I've noticed that the camera takes much more time to be ready to shoot when turning on.

Using a SanDisk Extreme card fixes these issues.

marcwilson

Same here with the Lexar cards and the "canonot access etc, etc)
Which specific sandisk did you use to find the fix?

Quote from: gavinsan on February 15, 2024, 04:45:02 AMThis is an old thread, but I'm just leaving it here that Lexar 2000x SD Cards give me issues on an X1D II as well. It sometimes shows the "cannot access storage" error, needing a restart to fix it. But also I've noticed that the camera takes much more time to be ready to shoot when turning on.

Georg Kovalcik

gavinsan

I've tried a couple of SanDisk Extreme Pro, these are on the slower side, one at 95Mbs other at 180mb/s, but found no issues so far.

Quote from: marcwilson on February 15, 2024, 11:44:39 AMSame here with the Lexar cards and the "canonot access etc, etc)

Quote from: gavinsan on February 15, 2024, 04:45:02 AMThis is an old thread, but I'm just leaving it here that Lexar 2000x SD Cards give me issues on an X1D II as well. It sometimes shows the "cannot access storage" error, needing a restart to fix it. But also I've noticed that the camera takes much more time to be ready to shoot when turning on.

colonel

For my x1d ii I ordered and use the current second fastest sandisk card in 64g size, the extreme pro with 280 write, 180 read and UHS II

Seems very fast and no problems

For my x1d, i did use some older sandisk and lexar cards with <90 speed and I kept getting warning messages saying that the SD card was too slow, although it seemed to record the images correctly.

polychloros

Quote from: marcwilson on February 15, 2024, 11:44:39 AMSame here with the Lexar cards and the "canonot access etc, etc)

I had similar intermittent problems with my then brand new 907x CFV 50 – "failed to access storage. Please restart the camera" – a year ago using both an Integral UHS-II V90 and a Sandisk Extreme Pro (also UHS-II V90) card. Both cards met the approved spec of the camera. The problem was unpredictable but occurred often enough to be a real nuisance. It also involved the loss of files in the buffer so I raised the matter with The Pro Centre who were good enough to replace the camera. Whilst waiting for the replacement (which took a couple of months), the only apparently completely reliable solution I found was to use the Sandisk card in slot 2 of the camera. I also found that using much older non-UHS-II cards seemed to be fine (though I had to turn off the "slow card warning" in the settings). I have no idea whether there was a specific hardware fault in my camera or whether the firmware is not robust generally in terms of compatibility with the UHS-II V90 spec but my replacement camera has been fine with a Sandisk Extreme PRO card (SDHC UHS-II Class 10 V90 U3). It's the only card I use because I'm a bit paranoid about using another and getting the "cannot access storage" problem again.

grotte

Please understand that while the history of flash memory development is murky, it was Eastman Kodak (my former employer) and Lexar who made the first CF in early 2000x. The Lexar was later owned by Micron, which sold the brand name (not the technology, not the patents, not the manufacturing, just the label) to some Chinese shack. In it's present incarnation Lexar has nothing to do whatsoever with the stuff from pre-2019. Don't walk, run away from it!

Whitten

For crucial projects I have a fast 64gb Sandisk card, with a Lexar as the back up second card. No issues.
For my leisure, personal shots, on and off for about 12 months now, I have two 128gb Lexar cards and again, no issues at all.