Built in Mic in H6D?

Previous topic - Next topic

rem

Hm, does the H6D have a built in Microphone for Video? I tried only with a external mic and thats so far fine. Without external mic I have no sound. Thanks!
Rem

Ralf Mueller

Quote from: rem on May 03, 2018, 02:10:51 AM
Hm, does the H6D have a built in Microphone for Video? I tried only with a external mic and thats so far fine. Without external mic I have no sound. Thanks!
Rem

No, the H6D doesn't have a built in Microphone. BUT: It has an audio-in connector to record audio from an external mic to the CFast or SD card in the H6D. I haven't tried it though since I use an external Zoom H6 Audio Recorder and microphone for all audio.

Best Regards, Ralf

rem

Thanks Ralf. Is your sound with the 100c now ok or you have still the noise? There is a batch to minimize that.
Liebe Grüsse, Rem

Ralf Mueller

Quote from: rem on May 16, 2018, 12:53:36 AM
Thanks Ralf. Is your sound with the 100c now ok or you have still the noise? There is a batch to minimize that.
Liebe Grüsse, Rem

Hallo Rem,

will give it a try in the next day or two and let you know, not at home at the moment and the H6D far away :-(

Regards,
Ralf

rem

In Sweden? The installed it with my new one H6D. It's better but not zero.
Rem

Ralf Mueller

Quote from: rem on May 16, 2018, 02:31:39 AM
In Sweden? The installed it with my new one H6D. It's better but not zero.
Rem
No, no. On a business trip and H6D at home.

rem

Ah ok, thats much better. Enjoy it!

Ralf Mueller

Quote from: rem on May 16, 2018, 03:40:44 AM
Ah ok, thats much better. Enjoy it!

Hallo Rem,

i tested it today, it has become much better but there is still noise in the sound. It sounds if the audio is oversampled or something like this. Having said this, i don't care too much as i record with the Zoom H6 anyway which gives me perfect sound quality. Just wondering, are you doing any serious video work with the H6D?

Best Regards,
Ralf

hassel_adrian

Hello H6D fellows,

my previous post might be interesting for you...

http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=5200.0

It's about the unfortunate noise you mention.

External recording of audio is the only serious option at the moment.

Cheers
Adrian

Ralf Mueller

Dear Adrian,

thanks for the update, i haven't tried again after recent FW updates, i'm fine by now with external recording which anyway gives better sound quality. Havig said that, HB should really fix this. I'd love to see the H System developed into a full cine solution, sensor and lenses are certainly capable to deliver high quality video. Lets hope for the best  8)

Cheers,
Ralf