H6D-100c / Troubleshooting / AUDIO PROBLEM in video mode

Previous topic - Next topic

hassel_adrian

Dear all,

this is my first port here in the Forum, so hello everyone.

I am curious, if I am the only one to encounter this Problem.

When recording Video, you can hear a clear ,,rattle" being recorded on the audio track.
Regardless to the fact if there is an microphone attached or not and if it is turned on or off. (Using Rode Stereo Mic Pro with a TRS Connector.)
To me it sounds like high peaks in the sensors powerconsumption are causing that noise as it seems to be synchronous with the picture rate.
But that is just a guess.

Too picture that issue, you can review following file: (never mind me speaking german):
https://we.tl/c2M1zW29JK

I have reported that issue to Hasselblad and the camera went to Sweden for service.
It has just returned with a new processor board built in, but the problem still exists.
Very disaapointing fact. So now I start to research if that might be a general problem with the camera.

Interesting fact: The demo camera that I have tested prior to my purchase had the same problem.

Can any of you reproduce this issue or share any experiences with the Hasselblad Audio?

Looking forward for your answers.

Regards
Adrian

rem

Hi Adrian, here I the same. I never mad a video before. The camera is about 1.5 month old. Hm...
Grüsse, Remo

hassel_adrian

Quote from: rem on September 05, 2017, 05:16:11 AM
Hi Adrian, here I the same. I never mad a video before. The camera is about 1.5 month old. Hm...
Grüsse, Remo

Hi Remo,

well it seems like that is a major issue @ Hasselblad.
What a shame... I will contact Hasselblad Germany tomorrow again.

But still curious, if there are even more "victims" :)

Cheers
Adrian

rem

Adrian, I should receive another one in a few days and will check it soon. And I will write to Hasselblad Gothenburg.

hassel_adrian

Quote from: rem on September 05, 2017, 10:04:46 AM
Adrian, I should receive another one in a few days and will check it soon. And I will write to Hasselblad Gothenburg.

Oha... I am very curious about the outcome.

rem

@hassel_adrian

Adrian, my new one had also the "rattle". But now I have a bigger problem how you can see in the other post.
remo

hassel_adrian

Update:

I reached out to the H Supportteam with a friendly complaint... thats what came back:

"...Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Please find that this is an issue which has been concerned us for a time and our R&D team is working for finding a solution, but, unfortunately, we can not commit when it will be.

Therefore, we will return to you as soon as we will have a solution...."

Well... lets just hope that is getting solved soon...

Raphael

Hi Adrian,

I experience the same rattle on my footage. the audio is completely useless. unless you use another source and you can manage to audio sync it.
when I film in H.264 I don't get any audio at all.
I bought the hd6 not only for its picture quality but with the promise to be able to film in 4k.
yet from all the updates we got, non, literally not one thing has gone into upgrading the filming abilities or bugs or new solutions.
very disappointing indeed. and since its already more than a year later since you mentioned it, there is still nothing. so I doubt anything will happen.
we just have to buy a new camera instead of a new car in 1 or 2 years .

best
Raphael

hassel_adrian

Quote from: Raphael on October 13, 2018, 10:44:57 AM
we just have to buy a new camera instead of a new car in 1 or 2 years .

Hey Raphael,

Funny, but kinda true :)

FYI...

Due to this issue my cam has met the tech service and received a new motherboard.
But it didn't help. So yeah... it's clear the engineers don't really know what to do here.

Really a pity and huge disappointment.

Let's see how this is gonna develop.

Let's keep posted.

Cheers
Adrian