Phocus 1.2 straightening bug

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Maxim

There is a small bug in Phocus 1.2 when you straighten a photo. It leaves a few black uncropped pixels at corners. Watch for them. I hope it'll be fixed soon.

I've attached a screenshot of one corner of a straightened image. It's not visible in Phocus but when you export a file it's there.

robertpoll

I've seen this too - mine was cyan instead of black. I've emailed Hasselblad. Out of interest did you see it on mac or pc?

thanks,

...rob
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663

Alex Maxim

PC, i wonder if they do beta testing at all. How can you miss that...

robertpoll

Yes, there's a beta testing programme. I'm not sure how many testers there are - I'd bet fewer on PC than mac though. I'm a part of the programme and didn't see this problem during testing. Admittedly I don't crop/straighten often and it doesn't seem to affect all images as far as I can tell so it's not the easiest to pick up perhaps.

My experience to date has been that the Hasselblad guys are very responsive when problems are found and are very dedicated to improving Phocus. I know it's very frustrating when you find problems and easy to jump to conclusions about the development team, but software development isn't easy and I think for such a new product the quality is extremely high and new features are being added quickly.

Beta testing relies on having a diverse set of users so that all of the features get tested, so I'd encourage people to volunteer (particularly PC users) - I think Hasselblad would welcome more people taking part, particularly as the odd problem is seeming to slip through the net.

If anyone is interested perhaps you could email me and I'll pass on your details - rob@robertpoll.com

...rob

Alex Maxim

Quote from: robertpoll on June 23, 2009, 04:36:19 AM
Beta testing relies on having a diverse set of users so that all of the features get tested, so I'd encourage people to volunteer (particularly PC users) - I think Hasselblad would welcome more people taking part, particularly as the odd problem is seeming to slip through the net.

If anyone is interested perhaps you could email me and I'll pass on your details - rob@robertpoll.com

...rob

I guess I could help there.

robertpoll

Thansk Oleksiy - I've passed on your details.

...rob

s.agar

I don't have this problem at all.
I use PSE6 (or sometimes a simple program like irfanview) to view the files. No such problem with me.
My camera is H3DII-31

On the other hand, when I view the photos with Irfanview for quick checks, and use "full screen" mode, some photos are cut from the right side a few mm.s, and sometimes I have a thin colored line. But this is not a fault coming from the camera or Phocus, since on all other viewers, photos are OK.

Seyhun

H3DII, M8, Canon 5DII, NEX-3 
Camera collector, over 500 items.
http://seyhun.com/

robertpoll

The problem only seems to affect long narrow horizontal crops - others seem ok.

...rob