Phocus wish list

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Just a note re this thread (and any other wishlist thread) I go through these suggestions and pass them on to Hasselblad at the end of every month so your requests do get heard!
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Monty Rakusen

How can I make phocus always start with 1 as next number in sequence, without having to set it afresh.

How can I make Phocus always load images from the start of a project instead of the end? Meaning... when you go to a new project you get the last frames, common sense would say you'd want to start at the beginning.

Monty

Dick Roadnight

Remote control of zoom from Phocus.

Auto focus bracketing from Phocus and in camera... this would eliminate a good reason to get HTS or a view camera!
H4D-60, 50-100mm, 300mm, CF, Flexbody, P3

MW

alexkent

Quote from: MW on September 24, 2010, 10:37:03 AM
Virtual Copies

i assume you want virtual copies of images with different Adjustment settings ?

you can achieve that now by saving several adjustment sets in one image and switching between them from the Adjustments Browser panel. it's not terribly elegant but it works.

Alex Maxim

Wanted to request it a long time ago, but keep forgetting.

A Gradient Filter tab in Phocus with full control over the start and the end point, gradient tilt, its color and density. With the dynamic range that we have the result could be very similar to physical gradient filters in front of the lens.

Alex

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: Alex Maxim on September 24, 2010, 02:05:48 PM
Wanted to request it a long time ago, but keep forgetting.

A Gradient Filter tab in Phocus with full control over the start and the end point, gradient tilt, its color and density. With the dynamic range that we have the result could be very similar to physical gradient filters in front of the lens.

Alex
¿This would avoid having to process two versions of the file, and mask and re-merge them in Photoshop?

Don't tell anyone, but I am booked in for a phocus workshop with David Grover next month, so now might be a good time to ask re tricks, tips and work-arounds. ¿Anybody else booked in?

alexkent

The 'Hasselbuddy' day Oct 12th ? I'm trying to free the day up so I can attend.

alex.

Alex Maxim

Quote from: Dick Roadnight on September 24, 2010, 11:32:36 PM
¿This would avoid having to process two versions of the file, and mask and re-merge them in Photoshop?
Well, the same you  can say about straightening, highlight and shadow recovery, end point control etc.
Yes, it would save time, especially if you are working on a few similar images and want to just copy the adjustments.
And you will have your fff  with a filter applied within seconds, not minutes as it would take to export two files with different names, merge in photoshop, apply a mask, apply filters if you need another density/color etc.

Henry

Hi Dick and Alex

I'm booked in for the 'Hasselbuddy' day on the 12th too, so hope to see you there. The sesion on Phocus 2.6 and mobile Phocus will be interesting - wonder if we'll get the betas to use at home too afterwards?

Henry

David Grover

Hi Henry,

I am afraid the answer is no with regards to a Phocus Mobile beta.  Before it goes to the Apple store it will not run on your iDevice unless the serial number for it is stored in Phocus Mobile itself.  There are also only 100 slots available which we will use for beta testing distribution.

This is to prevent unauthorised apps being distributed.

David

Henry

Hi David,

Ah - I thought that the iTunes Store issue might be a problem with the Phocus Mobile - but what about Phocus 2.6?

Kind regards,

Henry

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: David Grover on September 30, 2010, 03:41:03 AM
Hi Henry,

I am afraid the answer is no with regards to a Phocus Mobile beta.  Before it goes to the Apple store it will not run on your iDevice unless the serial number for it is stored in Phocus Mobile itself.  There are also only 100 slots available which we will use for beta testing distribution.

This is to prevent unauthorised apps being distributed.

David
Hi, David...

If you get short of beta testers, count me in.
I hope to use an IPad for eShutters, phocus and the Clauss pan head.

David Grover

Quote from: Dick Roadnight on September 22, 2010, 09:49:45 AM

Auto focus bracketing from Phocus and in camera... this would eliminate a good reason to get HTS or a view camera!

The zoom isn't powered Dick, so this is not possible.

One of the Japanese giants holds a patent on focus bracketing in-camera so it can't be done.

grandguru

Quote from: David Grover on September 30, 2010, 07:58:49 PM
Quote from: Dick Roadnight on September 22, 2010, 09:49:45 AM

The zoom isn't powered Dick, so this is not possible.

One of the Japanese giants holds a patent on focus bracketing in-camera so it can't be done.

Here is a thought, why not use the focus step feature in Phocus. It should be posible to write a routine that would capture at optimum focus and then capture additional images at # steps + focus and # steps - focus.
Give it a try and post your feedback here.

(The ability for a user to write the routine does not yet exist so far as I am aware but lets keep our fingers crossed).