Hasselblad Online Store

Previous topic - Next topic

hgtate

I wish everyone would stop buying from the online store which was setup when DJI took hold of the reigns. I know my local friendly and helpful Hasselblad retailer is not happy about it. If you all keep using the online store you will eventually find the only place you will be able to try the goods will be at Hasselblad events or photography shows. Even Hasselblad UK are not happy about the online store as they are getting loads of grief from their loyal retailers.

Eric Borgström

A dilemma. Here in Sweden the Hasselblad net store is around 6% less expensive than the "lokal store" supplied from Denmark. An other friendly lokal store, mainly a Nikon dealer has not updated its information online on the D1X in a year not giving much confidence.

tcdeveau

My only complaint with the online store is that it charges your credit card up front for items that may not be delivered for months. They should adopt a "charge-when-shipped" policy IMHO.

There are no longer local Hasselblad dealers in my city (a city in the US with a population of over 5 million ppl) and my local dealers pulled out even before the online store was in place. I think Hasselblad is moving towards a "buy directly from the source" business model.

spb-ch

I wonder if this is the reason why stock is so slow getting to my retailer in Switzerland. I hate online purchases in particular of expensive things that I have not physically seen and touched and been able to ask a hopefully knowledable sales person. Give me a local shop any day. I am lucky in that I have two or even three dealers.... but they are all the same no stock or very slow to receive stuff. It is a shame, it puts a bit of a dampner on my enthusiasm.

SrMi

There is a similar problem with Leica. I try to purchase everything from the 'local' store (50 miles) but sometimes the manufacturer's online stores have new items months before it trickles to my dealer.

Eric Borgström

Quote from: Eric Borgström on September 27, 2018, 06:58:50 PM
A dilemma. Here in Sweden the Hasselblad net store is around 6% less expensive than the "lokal store" supplied from Denmark. An other friendly lokal store, mainly a Nikon dealer has not updated its information online on the D1X in a year not giving much confidence.

This time it is the other way around. The local store is the less expensive one. Feels better.

mmanesh

I bought my X2D from a local Hasselblad service partner as I know he had been repairing V systems for decades. The bad part of the experience was that some other local stores actually had the body then available months quicker. And were cheaper. Anyhow - I wish there were more Hasselblad stores, like experience centers. But then this costa a lot of money and I definitely see why it is not possible.
Factory visits would be nice... similar to what Leica offers.