X1D H Adapter

Previous topic - Next topic

pflower

Nick

Obviously the X1D has not shipped although I hear that lenses are available in various places.  But have you heard any more about the Adapter - particularly when it will be released and whether or not it will have autofocus availability?  There was one interesting suggestion from someone on one of the forums who had been to a demo and said that he had used one with a 35-90mm HC lens and that it did have autofocus.  The more I use my CFV-50c the more I salivate over the X1D and I have HC lenses sitting around under used.

jerome_m

I can't answer your question, but I can advise you to lower your expectations. AF on HC lenses, when available, will not be fast. Contrast AF is always very slow on lenses designed for phase AF.

pflower

Well I don't know your age but I would refer you to the Quartermaster's song.  My eyes are dim, I cannot see, I do not have my specs with me.  Actually I do have my specs but any additional help however slow is welcome.  Slow is better than nothing, particularly when I started with perfect eyesight, a 4x5 camera and a loupe

jeff.grant@pobox.com

It's not just the slowness, they also hunt with the least provocation. That is my experience with 43 lenses on M43 anyway.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jerome_m

Quote from: pflower on November 26, 2016, 12:42:08 PM
Well I don't know your age

Let us just say that I am old enough to have learned photography before the first AF SLR (the Minolta/Maxxum 7000, remember this one?), and I had extensive practice of manual focus before that camera was even available...

But all I wanted to say was that AF on the adapter will be slow. That may not be a problem if your subjects are static.

Hassilistic

More Information here:

XH Lens Adapter  http://www.hasselblad.com/lenses/x-system/xh-lens-adapter

jeff.grant@pobox.com

No sign of a tripod mount so mounting long HC lenses will be a challenge. I just don't understand why Hasselblad is concentrating on wides. Am I the only photographer in the world who shoots long?

The Fuji adapter has a tripod foot: http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/lens/#mountadapter
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Alex

Would there be the likelihood of an adaptor the other way around? I know it sounds funny, but from looking at the MTF charts of some of the X lenses I'd be really interested to see the results when mounted onto a H5D200c.

Alex

hcubell

Quote from: jeff.grant@pobox.com on March 02, 2017, 12:09:52 AM
No sign of a tripod mount so mounting long HC lenses will be a challenge. I just don't understand why Hasselblad is concentrating on wides. Am I the only photographer in the world who shoots long?

The Fuji adapter has a tripod foot: http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/lens/#mountadapter

I also shoot longer lenses on my H body...the 150, the 210 and sometimes the 300. The 300 has a tripod foot, so no problem, but the 150 and 210 do not. The XH adapter absolutely should have a tripod foot, and I hope Hasselblad offers one soon.

jerome_m

Quote from: Alex on March 03, 2017, 01:39:58 AM
Would there be the likelihood of an adaptor the other way around?

Nope. The registration distance is shorter for the X1D.

NickT

Quote from: jeff.grant@pobox.com on March 03, 2017, 06:15:31 PM
Anyone listening?

Yes they are! Hasselblad culture tends to lean towards the strong silent type but trust me they are reading this stuff!
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks Nick. I really hope that they are. I really want to buy the X1D but not without long lenses or an adaptor to mount heavier lenses like the 150 and 210.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

siddhaarta

I agree with the necessity of some longer lenses: at least 200mm.

I do not want to buy the adapter and use H lenses (which I would have to buy first), because this contradicts the whole compact quality philosophy.