Hasselblad X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

I know "Game Changer" is a word that marketing folk like to use all to often, but this one really is.

The announcement will be made on June 22nd at 14:00 CET in the mean time here's an image to get you thinking :)

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

Also...
I can tell you that it's beautiful.

I can also tell you that it's NOT made by Fuji.

I can also tell you that it is made in Sweden.

Bro

Indeed. And it is going to be amazing!  ;)

ruedigerglatz

Am excited how open H´s ideas are to allow the use of third party lenses.

Adapters to LEICA M/R, MAMIYA 645 and V with shift would be amazing. I am sure many 35mm lenses would bring special/great results on that sensor.

kenschuster

If it has integrated sensor dust cleaner and image stabilization, I'm in!

bodtlaender

Hm, the game I am in is the Hasselblad H system. Consequently I thought the H6D and the new lens shutters are the well done game changers.

I do not expect anything else. To be honest: I hope Hasselblad will not burn money for another overpriced amateur gimmick, again.

I just hope Hasselblad stays in business for a very long time to keep my equipment working.

Best,

Bernd

P.S.: The then mirrorless H7D with EVF will be a game changer, again. No mirror slap, unlimited number of focus points ...

NickT

It's not an over priced gimmick.

cerett

Quote from: bodtlaender on June 18, 2016, 10:45:20 PM
Hm, the game I am in is the Hasselblad H system. Consequently I thought the H6D and the new lens shutters are the well done game changers.

I do not expect anything else. To be honest: I hope Hasselblad will not burn money for another overpriced amateur gimmick, again.

I just hope Hasselblad stays in business for a very long time to keep my equipment working.

Best,

Bernd

P.S.: The then mirrorless H7D with EVF will be a game changer, again. No mirror slap, unlimited number of focus points ...

Amen to that!!

Barry Goyette

I"ve been moaning about and prognosticating about a MF mirrorless Hasselblad for too many years. I certainly hope this is it. I also hope this is a "pro" product, not some "pro-sumer" dumbed-down hybrid. The weak spot of the H bodies has always been the mirror. I currently shoot 4k video using small 2k monitors and evf's to frame and compose. There's no reason why I can't shoot stills the same way except... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw

cerett

Quote from: Barry Goyette on June 19, 2016, 10:43:12 AM
I"ve been moaning about and prognosticating about a MF mirrorless Hasselblad for too many years. I certainly hope this is it. I also hope this is a "pro" product, not some "pro-sumer" dumbed-down hybrid. The weak spot of the H bodies has always been the mirror. I currently shoot 4k video using small 2k monitors and evf's to frame and compose. There's no reason why I can't shoot stills the same way except... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw
[/quote

Based on the limited information Nick has provided, I doubt it will be a "pro-sumer" product.

NickT

This is absolutely not some "dumbed down hybrid".

It is a thing of beauty, totally new and hand-made in Sweden.

PeterDorr

I just forked $20k in a trade up from an H5D-200MS to the all new H6D-100MP.
Don't tell me a mirrorless, same or better quality, H-lens compatible system is around the corner......
That would ruin the last bit of confidence I still have in this company and it's equipment.

Bensonga

So companies are supposed to stop innovating and developing new products that may give them entry into a completely new market segment?  I make a decision to purchase a product, especially a digital camera, knowing full well there will likely be significant advances in the months and years ahead.

Gary

NickT

What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
A digital x-pan.

You won't be seeing an x-pan on the 22nd. In the future who knows, but I think it extremely unlikely.

Why? When the x-pan first came out you didn't have the stitching options that we have now so it was pretty unique (a baby 6X17). Now you can easily stitch if you want, or indeed crop into a high resolution chip if that's what you need. Also it's not as if anyone if making chips in this format, it's just too niche a market.

A re-badged something else.

No no and no. This is a totally new thing.

People have pointed out that Mr Oosting has a background in luxury products (Vertu) but that has no bearing on this thing.

And I agree that the Lunar/Stellar this was very badly done, this is nothing at all like that.

I'll say it again, I really do think the thing is a game changer. I thought so the minute I handled it.

Bring on the 22nd!

Alex

I hope it is going to be something that really will be a unique, useful selling product that has been fully developed and tested before going public so that it'll bring some money into Hasselblad rather than more R&D costs. More income will help towards strengthening the company's software, firmware & development team - making the kit we use more solid giving us the confidence to invest without the fear that H will go belly-up and we'll be left stranded up Phase Creek without a paddle! It also help rebuild confidence in the brand.
Good luck Hassie!

Alex