Phocus 3

Previous topic - Next topic

raffa

thanks Nick.

just found a new bug: if I create a new adjustment layer and then play with the Saturation control, nothing happens.

arminw

Dowloaded Phocus 3 and played around with it . I Love the new look , but found it slightly sluggish when panning or changing tools. It also constantly crashed My MacPro Mid 2012 6core when using the adjustment layers ( creating one and trying to delete one especially )
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

bdp

Quote from: raffa on April 22, 2016, 07:48:13 PM
thanks Nick.

just found a new bug: if I create a new adjustment layer and then play with the Saturation control, nothing happens.

Saturation seems to work for me. Did you paint anywhere with any of the controls first, such as the brush, gradient or radial gradient?

Ben

Cirillo

Strange, first day it worked fine, now it's slow, crashes all the time and each time I reopen it the layout is changed to "standard mode". OSX 10.11.4  MacPro late 2013.

Alex

Windows 7
Bugs found (as of today's tethered test on copy bench)

Tethered Camera connection - intermittent - not always connecting or not always giving access to Aperture, Shutter speed, etc - 4 out of 6 times required restarting program
Mirror Up - worked for the 1st few times then completely stopped working (functions normally when checked using 2.8.4)

No 'X' option for cancelling midway through Multishots

Live View
Cannot zoom out after being at 100%
Grid lines don't carry on through when viewing a t 100%
Focusing doughnut intermittently downsizes to 50% size 70% time so as to making focusing practically impossible

Preferences
Flash delay not working (whether it be the default 3 seconds or other)

1 other point -
Sharpening option still working when turned off and making Black/white Halos around strong edges (visible on Multishots and 200 so am guessing will be the case on the 100s); can it be be made so the 'Turned Off' be really 'Turned Off' please ? - like I guess with Flexcolor please, thanks.

Alex

Detlef_g

Hi Nick,

the bug i detect on my System (Win 7)

At the  new adjustment tool when using the brush function, it is not possible to Change the brush size with the  mouse wheel.

Detlef

raffa

Quote from: bdp on April 22, 2016, 11:10:41 PM
Quote from: raffa on April 22, 2016, 07:48:13 PM
thanks Nick.

Saturation seems to work for me. Did you paint anywhere with any of the controls first, such as the brush, gradient or radial gradient?

Ben

yes I also can see the pink mask, but Saturation has no effect :(

raffa

oh man, I can't believe an old bug is still here on Mac:

if you have 2 monitors, then you hide (cmd-h) Phocus. when you call it up again, only one window appears on one monitor. you are forced to recall you saved double-monitor layout in order to restore it.
this is SO frustrating..

NickT

Just so you know, the right people from Hasselblad are watching this thread and noting what is being said.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

bdp

There is also a file naming bug that has been there since 2.9.2

If you try to rename a file with a name that already exits, the name goes black, with no error. If you try to rename it again the thumbnail sometimes goes black and there is a 'rename error:1'

Ben

Alex

A bit on the side (& out of the limelight of main features) - but I thought I'd ask:

A (Non Hassy), UK dealer recently passed on that he'd been informed that the new updated Phocus would support Rodenstock electronic shutters. AFAIK Phocus only supported Schneider and Rollei electronic shutters (for Multishot etc).

Is this the case please? Thanks,

Alex

Buddy

a proper support for a drawing tablet like Intuos would be very welcome, especially now with brushing on the layers. Brushing is working, however no touch gestures

raffa

I'm exporting a batch, but I can't see the progress indicator icon or a counter that lets me know how many photos are yet to be exported.
is it a bug or can't I see it?

Buddy

Quote from: raffa on April 24, 2016, 09:01:39 PM
I'm exporting a batch, but I can't see the progress indicator icon or a counter that lets me know how many photos are yet to be exported.
is it a bug or can't I see it?

this is shown 3 times:
1. far bottom left it is shown as export:x files
2. on the mac apps symbols the H symbol shows a little number in red circle
3. in the export tool tab
isn't that enough?

raffa

thanks Buddy.
I was asking because in Phocus 2 I was actually able to see them all.
but now only the export tab shows the progress.
the icon on the dock is not showing the number, and there's no indicator in the corner or anywhere else as well.