Phocus 3

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Hi Jason
Good to hear from you. I think there is an issue with the previews, not the files themselves. Thanks for the heads up I'll make sure Hasselblad see it.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

slides

I have a mac mini processor 2.3 GHz intel core i5 with El Capitan 10.11.4 with 16G bytes of ram, a graphics card HD 3000 512MB . I installed phocus 3 , and was so slow that it almost can not work with him . I've tried with phocus 2 , and remains very slow. Anyone know how can it working normally. for more than five years to use the phocus on several machines, and had never happened this.
Modify message

Anyone have this problem? I have two Mac mini, equal, and the two have the same problem . every time I make a function, appears runs the operating system, and it takes forever to make the selected function. More strange is that to have a imac with el capitan , where phocus 3 runs normally. Someone can help me?
Modify message

Alex

Hi Slides,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with Phocus 3 on your Mac Mini.

I think the main issue you will be having is that Phocus really relies on the Graphics Card to do its heavy lifting and the more recent versions absolutely chew up all the computer's resources - even with a Nvidia Quadro 2GB Graphics card, my laptop isn't able to do much else when files are being modified. On the 4GB Nvidia Card on my desktop; it used to fly along whereas now it does take a bit more time - so a 512MB HD3000 is going get quite hammered  :'(

A

jerome_m

Having now tried Phocus on two machines (a Macbook and an iMac), I would say that it is not fast to render full resolution files, whatever the graphic card... Maybe there is still some debug code active?

Something else: could we please get a setting to disable the automatic fold of the adjustment parameters? When I use a small screen (on the Macbook...), the histogram disappears each time I open the exposure adjustment. (OK, I can get more space by activating less tools and then I can see them both, but...).

Alastair Bird

Has anyone else had trouble with tethering? I have a CF-39 on an old H1 and although I can tether and shoot to Phocus (3.0.1) I can't control the shutter speeds (aside from B and T) or the aperture from the computer. The dropdown menus are blank.

Edit: It also only goes to iso 400, rather than 800, as I recall on earlier versions of Phocus.

Alex

Quote from: jerome_m on May 12, 2016, 08:42:25 AM
could we please get a setting to disable the automatic fold of the adjustment parameters?

+1
yes, it really is quite annoying

diblasid

Quote from: stephanbruehl on April 22, 2016, 03:20:41 AM
It's in no way nice, because it is simply not running under Win 10

Phocus 3.0 starts up, shows the thumbnail of FFF or 3fr files, but if you click on the thumbnail it crashes with "fatal error".

Does anybody has experienced the same ?

Stephan

me too, exactly the same here on Windows 7 Pro 64bit genuine and fully updated
any suggestion?
thanks

diblasid

In the previous version (2.9.2) of phocus the steps for the "Crop & Orientation -> Straighten" tool are by 1 on windows, while on Mac they are by 0.1
Since i can't test this bug on the new version because it crashes (see my previous post above), could someone tell me if on windows the version 3.0.2 has the same bug?
(just to know if it is worth enough to keep trying to make the new version run on my windows or not)
thanks

Simon Bran

Posted by: Alastair Bird
« on: May 21, 2016, 04:13:58 AM »

Insert Quote

Has anyone else had trouble with tethering?.

I have been having problems with the 3.01 version. 4 shot does not work, capture fails and then the camera fires off rapidly, (and any flash heads connected  to the camera!, the 3.02 update just out mentions in the read me file  issues with tethering on some models being fixed, I haven't tried it yet but hopefully it will solve the issues,
I am using a CF 39 MS, H4x and Yosemite.

Alex

On a shoot ATMO & Just tried now with 3.02 Windows 7 and Mirror up doesn't work - so couldn't steady camera enough for a Multishot. Tried a 6 Shot export & crashed twice.

Will have another go on the desktop when back in the studio.

Alex

NickT

Quote from: diblasid on June 13, 2016, 08:05:23 PM
In the previous version (2.9.2) of phocus the steps for the "Crop & Orientation -> Straighten" tool are by 1 on windows, while on Mac they are by 0.1
Since i can't test this bug on the new version because it crashes (see my previous post above), could someone tell me if on windows the version 3.0.2 has the same bug?
(just to know if it is worth enough to keep trying to make the new version run on my windows or not)
thanks

If you use the straighten slider the step size is 1, but if you use up/down-keys in the number field next to the slider or enter a value, the step size is 0.1
3.02 Win.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

eyedear

there seem to be a lot issue with phocus 3.0.2 with h4d camera. hope this get solve soon. it frustrating to use a software that is so buggy

Alex

Phocus 3.02 - Windows 7
H3DII & H4D
Tethered Desktop test:
Mirror up - worked intermittently then completely stopped (even after restarting) - tested again on 2.8.4  & no issues (weirdly though mirror control is still possible through the app)
Live View - Orange focusing doughnut - instead of intermittently is now working only at half 'assed' size so not possible to use.

Exporting:
OK with Multishot (H3DII & H4D), 6 shot crashed x1 after export (unusual), exporting took about 1.5x longer than 2.8.4

raffa

Quote from: eyedear on June 27, 2016, 05:24:11 PM
there seem to be a lot issue with phocus 3.0.2 with h4d camera. hope this get solve soon. it frustrating to use a software that is so buggy

can you tell me more?
have to start a shoot in the next few days but I'm currently away and can't test properly.
what are the problems? should I tether and work with 3.0.1?
thanks

GrantRH

Quote from: Simon Bran on June 13, 2016, 10:30:27 PM
Posted by: Alastair Bird
« on: May 21, 2016, 04:13:58 AM »

Insert Quote

Has anyone else had trouble with tethering?.

I have been having problems with the 3.01 version. 4 shot does not work, capture fails and then the camera fires off rapidly, (and any flash heads connected  to the camera!, the 3.02 update just out mentions in the read me file  issues with tethering on some models being fixed, I haven't tried it yet but hopefully it will solve the issues,
I am using a CF 39 MS, H4x and Yosemite.

Just following on from your comment Simon...I too am having problems with 4-shot capture with 3.0.2. Exactly same symptom...upon firing of the 2nd exposure of the 4-shot process the camera just goes off continuously firing at a rate of approx 1 exposure per second until I crash the process by removing the tether cable and removing the camera battery. I am forced to go back to v2.9.2 for all 4-shot captures.
Did you find a solution?
Certainly v3.0.2 did not solve the problem for me.
Another curious thing is that single shot captures come through to the computer twice as fast if I expose by the camera button rather than by the Phocus capture button ???

Grant

HD3II 39MS, MacPro(late2013) 64GB RAM, El Capitan