Phocus 3

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

New design looks good.

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

Looks like will feature adjustment layers and local adjustments, including the moire filter.

fraherim

This is cool.  When will it be released?

NickT

I'll see what I can find out.

fraherim

I just started using adjustment layers with CaptureOne and love this feature. Is this going to work the same way by drawing masks for the correction area?
Am I to assume that this feature will work with all my fff legacy files?
I'm glad to hear Phocus is going in the same direction and for free.

NickT

This is from the PDF that went out to dealers:

PHOCUS 3.0
The simplest way of processing your Hasselblad RAW files, ensuring the best corrections and extraction of the finest detail possible.
To complement the release of the H6D camera system, our raw conversion software has been enhanced with additional tools to allow more precise application of corrections. Three adjustment tools have been added to allow the user to apply linear or radial gradient corrections or freehand brush corrections to their images via adjustment layers. These will allow the application
of exposure, colour and moiré corrections in a more defined and controlled way. The moiré tool also has the ability to scan the
image being worked on to locate probable interference patterns contained within it. These will be highlighted and the user then has the option to apply a global correction or if required a local adjustment via the brush tool.
The software has also been updated to support the H6D USB 3.0 Type-C camera connectivity as well as the built in support for the previous Firewire based camera systems. To support the addition of video, movie playback is available and conversion of the Hasselblad Raw video format to Apple ProRes is supported. Finally the user interface has been updated to reflect the new tools.

fraherim

Thanks for the info Nick

Alex

NickT

Phocus 3 is in final Candidate so expect a release soon!

NickT

Local adjustments are awesome, just saying.

fraherim

Can't wait to try.
Do they need beta testers?
I did that for the first version on the PC.
Now I'm mac though.

raffa

I asked Hasselblad on facebook, right after the H6D launch and they replied April 14th for Phocus 3.
But since it's not out for download, I asked them once again today — no reply :(

NickT

@ Raffa I think it will only be a few days away.

@fraherim They are about to go final so it's a bit late for beta testers...

NickT

Monday for Phocus 3 :)

bdp

Woo hoo! So Tuesday our time?