384C Imagebank battery issue

Previous topic - Next topic

victorass88

Hi friends, all was fine till this month when my Imacon 384C with miserable 500 actuations and with brand new Sony battery started to mess about.
It works fine tethered to Mac via Firewire but it's pretty useless to walk around with laptop and cables around my area. I did Image Bank calibration but it wasn't helpful so far. I can't blame Sony battery or charger as there were bought recently. When I push Start button on my Image Bank a noise is clearly heard.
Any help is more than welcome, thank you all

jerome_m

Maybe the battery contacts of the Imagebank and corroded?

victorass88

Quote from: jerome_m on August 11, 2015, 02:31:33 AM
Maybe the battery contacts of the Imagebank and corroded?
All seems spotless

NickT

My thoughts.

Either there is an issue with the battery connection (possibly inside the image banks, or the battery itself is faulty. Have you got a second battery? There are generic versions of the Sony L types out there.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

victorass88

Quote from: NickT on August 12, 2015, 09:17:32 AM
My thoughts.

Either there is an issue with the battery connection (possibly inside the image banks, or the battery itself is faulty. Have you got a second battery? There are generic versions of the Sony L types out there.
I have not got a spare one, but I will test it later (I am traveling at the moment with useless 384C)
Today Imagebank hardly started via Firewire, earlier there was no problem to start up this way, so I have 2 headaches now- battery + firewire. Oh dear :(

victorass88

Quote from: NickT on August 12, 2015, 09:17:32 AM
My thoughts.

The final diagnosis is a HD crash (still working, but may die any day) I have heard of some difficulties with new hard disk change. True or false? Any instructions available?

victorass88

The very truth is that a cable (short) between Image Bank And Mamiya is damaged. I have a long spare cable, which works okay.
So this thread we may finish, friends and keep shooting