Flash ttl to H5D

Previous topic - Next topic

Hueto

I'm hoping that I get my first Hasselblad (H5D 40) and I have to buy a flash'm watching this Metz Mecablitz 76 MZ-5 D Is this correct? Other options? Will my old Canon?
thank you very much
I do not speak English, my translations are done with Google translator. Sorry for any errors. thanks

Buddy

I have tried the same but with a Nikon SB 910 (latest flash from Nikon). It just doesn't work. in fact, mounting the flash gun on the hot shoe in manual mode causes the H5D with a lock-up and error message. the only way is in manual mode and not on the hot shoe by using a flash cable, flash held by hand or on a flash stand, flash rail etc.

desertdiver

Quote from: Hueto on April 28, 2013, 06:55:46 PM
I'm hoping that I get my first Hasselblad (H5D 40) and I have to buy a flash'm watching this Metz Mecablitz 76 MZ-5 D Is this correct? Other options? Will my old Canon?
thank you very much

Hueto, using Metz Mecablitz units which are compatible to the SCA3002 adapter system should work properly with your H5D40 when attached via the SCA3902 adapter. See the compatibility tables/info on the Metz website.

http://www.metz-mecatech.de/index.php?eID=tx_nawsecuredl&u=0&file=fileadmin/fm-dam/Download/Homepage_Englisch/Photo_Electronic/SCA_Archiv_GB/SCA_Adapter_Archive_GB.pdf&t=1440223337&hash=036ca178a494819a3668241a18a9216c0eb11548

You should never put any other incompatible TTL flash unit on the camera's hot shoe unless you want to take the risk of frying your camera electronics. If you want to use e.g. your Canon flash unit, connect it via the standard flash cable/connector on the side of the camera or use wireless trigger units (e.g. PocketWizzard Plus unit on the camera) in manual mode.

Regards, Udo

Hueto

Thank you very much for your answer and have the SCA3902 everything works perfect

Quote from: desertdiver on August 21, 2015, 04:57:21 PM
Quote from: Hueto on April 28, 2013, 06:55:46 PM
thank you very much

Hueto, using Metz Mecablitz units which are compatible to the SCA3002 adapter system should work properly with your H5D40 when attached via the SCA3902 adapter. See the compatibility tables/info on the Metz website.

http://www.metz-mecatech.de/index.php?eID=tx_nawsecuredl&u=0&file=fileadmin/fm-dam/Download/Homepage_Englisch/Photo_Electronic/SCA_Archiv_GB/SCA_Adapter_Archive_GB.pdf&t=1440223337&hash=036ca178a494819a3668241a18a9216c0eb11548

You should never put any other incompatible TTL flash unit on the camera's hot shoe unless you want to take the risk of frying your camera electronics. If you want to use e.g. your Canon flash unit, connect it via the standard flash cable/connector on the side of the camera or use wireless trigger units (e.g. PocketWizzard Plus unit on the camera) in manual mode.

Regards, Udo
I do not speak English, my translations are done with Google translator. Sorry for any errors. thanks

desertdiver

Hueto, you're welcome. Good to hear the setup works properly.

Regards, Udo